× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Prestashop issues

Sandshark
Sensei

Prestashop issues

I installed the Prestashop add-on and found a couple of issues with it.

The first is that all the files were installed with owner root:root, but it is run by user admin.  So I needed to CHOWN all files and directories via SSH.  Very bad form for an add-on to require a fix via SSH.

But then, since the current version is not up to date, I did an automatic update.  That was an unmittigated disaster.  It slammed all of my add-ons.  I suspect it messed with one or more .conf files.  This is probably the fault of the automatic update making certain assumptions about the directory structure of the installation.  It did warn me that a lot of files differed, but it was not clear why that was the case.  I didn't try much to get it back to working order since I'm just experimenting anyway.  I ended up doing a factory default and re-installing the other apps.  But this is a warning to all to not use the automatic update feature of Prestashop, or you will be sorry.

If anyone has successfully updated an add-on installation of Prestashop with a more current version from the Prestashop web site, I would be very interested in how you did so.

Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements