× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RN104 how to install kodi

nirpal
Follower

RN104 how to install kodi

Hi There,

I a newbie to nas. I recenlty bought my first nas. A netgear readynas 104 currently running OS 6.5.0

I am looking to install Kodi onto the nas but can't find any information on how to upload your own apps.

The list of apps provided doesnt include kodi. It has only plex which I found pretty useless to be honest.

I am going crazy looking. Can someone please help? I know it gives me an option uipload my own apps but what file will it be looking for?

will it be looking for setup.exe?

If it can be installed on the Nas, what version should I be downloading? Since the Nas is based on linux should I be downloading the linux version? If i do download the linux version how do I go about running it on my nas?

As you can see lots of questions. Any help would be much appreciated.

Many Thanks

Nirpal

Message 1 of 5
StephenB
Guru

Re: RN104 how to install kodi

Kodi is a client, not a server correct?  It does have a upnp server built in, but the package as a whole really doesn't make sense on a NAS that has no Audio/Video connections.

Do you have Kodi on your players already?  If so, you can just tell them to access the NAS media using NFS or SMB.

Message 2 of 5
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello nirpal,

You may also post suggestions and ideas at the idea exchange board. Adding kudos to the ideas will help as development team will be reviewing the post that has the most kudos for considering it to add to the product's future functionality.

We appreciate your contribution to the community!

Regards,

Message 3 of 5
nirpal
Follower

Hi StephenB,

Thanks for getting back to me. Appreciate your help.

Yes you are right now that I think about it. It is a client. Maybe I can install that on my smart TV.

Do you or anyone reading this know how to install kodi on LG Smart TV.

I can't seem to find any instructions or leads on how to install it on smart TV.

Currently my smart TV is a LG 4K smart tv running WebOS which i believe is linux based OS.

Any help would be most appreciated. 

Many Thanks

Nirpal

Message 4 of 5
StephenB
Guru

I've never tried this (I use stand-alone media players).  But there are some guides out there if you google.  For instance, some youtubes here: http://www.streaming1tv.com/2015/10/how-to-install-kodi-on-your-smart-tv.html

You need to scroll down past the Android stuff.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements