× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Radarr on ReadyNAS 104

azraeluknas
Aspirant

Radarr on ReadyNAS 104

Hi all,

I've got a ReadyNAS 104 with firmware 6.8.1. Does anyone know of a community addon for radarr or is otherwise able to point to to some info in getting radarr working on my NAS?

many thanks

Message 1 of 12
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: Radarr on ReadyNAS 104

Hello azraeluknas,

You can click here to download RAIDar installer that will work with your NAS.

Welcome to the community!

Regards,
JohnM_S
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 12
StephenB
Guru

@JohnM_S wrote:

You can click here to download RAIDar installer that will work with your NAS.

He wants radarr ( https://radarr.video/ )

There are a couple of posts from folks who manually installed it on their NAS, but they don't provide any guidance on exactly what they did.

Message 3 of 12
azraeluknas
Aspirant

Thanks JohnM_S, but StephenB is right, radarr not raidar 🙂

Message 4 of 12
bedlam1
Prodigy

Not being very happy with results from Couchpotato I thought I would investgate Radarr and found this step by step installation guide LINK

This worked for me last night and I am not very Debian aware, it has increased my root usage by around 8-9% to 27%, perhaps I could have reduced this if I knew what I was doing Smiley Embarassed

Message 5 of 12
azraeluknas
Aspirant

Thanks Bedlam1 - am I right that if it isn't a proper app it'll be wiped every time there's a firmware update? (not even sure what I base that on other than expecting the worst 🙂 )

Message 6 of 12
bedlam1
Prodigy

Sorry I don't know the answer to that (I guess a Factory Default would though) 

Message 7 of 12
StephenB
Guru

@azraeluknas wrote:

am I right that if it isn't a proper app it'll be wiped every time there's a firmware update?

No.  OS reinstalls and firmware updates won't normally wipe it, unless the system detects a library conflict with the update.

A factory reset of course wipes everything.

Message 8 of 12
bedlam1
Prodigy

Just an update, my root usage is holding steady, in fact it has dropped from 27% to 25% today Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 12
StephenB
Guru

25% full isn't a problem.

If radarr is just installed on the OS partition, it might well be stable.  But perhaps look for it's database.  You could move that to /data, and replace the database with a link (look up the ln command).  Then if the database grows, it won't affect OS disk space.

Another option is that you can move its folder(s) to /apps, and then use ln to replace the original folder(s) with a link.

Message 10 of 12
bedlam1
Prodigy

I avoided placing anything concerning my data in root folders, it is all in "data" (including it's database and jpg files etc.), I just wasn't sure what would happen with a large number of files Radarr downloaded into Debian, but that seems OK too.

Is there a way to put a link into the NAS GUI to open Radarr @StephenB, am currently using a browser "favourite I created.

Message 11 of 12
StephenB
Guru

@bedlam1 wrote:

I avoided placing anything concerning my data in root folders, it is all in "data" (including it's database and jpg files etc.), I just wasn't sure what would happen with a large number of files Radarr downloaded into Debian, but that seems OK too.

It sounds like you are ok as far as OS partition space goes.

@bedlam1 wrote:

Is there a way to put a link into the NAS GUI to open Radarr 

I don't know of one.

Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements