× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyNAS 102 - Failed to install applications (any) 6.7.5

headalv
Tutor

ReadyNAS 102 - Failed to install applications (any) 6.7.5

I am not able to install any apps. I have tried everything (reinstalling the firmware 6.7.5, completing a factory reset. changing the dns to 8.8.8.8) and still nothing works. I have tried to install DVBLink and MyPHPAdmin and get msg Apps operation failed. Application list might be missing or obsolete.

Message 1 of 26
headalv
Tutor

I just manually installed phpMyAdmin and now I can't connect to the NAS. eveny through Putty. States the connection is refused. Although still showing connected when viewing router.

Message 2 of 26
headalv
Tutor

Correction I can only enter NAS through PuTTY.

Message 3 of 26
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello headalv,

Can you still get to the shares and access the files? Also, did you already reboot and try if you get the same problem?

Welcome to the community!

Regards,

Message 4 of 26
headalv
Tutor

I reset the NAS, manually installed DBVLink because none of the app would install through the admin page, manually installed phpMyAdmin then the problem happened again...no access to the admin page. PuTTY would allow me access but I hate dealing with cmd line. So I repeated the process except for tring to install phpMyAdmin. NAS seems to be running with no hickups and I am waiting for the next NAS update to fix this issue with phpMyAdmin so I can finish tweeking my system.

PS: NAS sent me an email stating that it sucessfully installed phpMyAdmin 

Message 5 of 26
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello headalv,

I was able to install those apps from the Available Apps list. When you say manual install, you mean to say through SSH access and not downloading the app from https://apps.readynas.com/ then upload through the admin page?

overviewNASapps.jpg

dvblink is version 5.5.0 and PHPMyAdmin is 4.0.4 version. 

Regards,

Message 6 of 26
headalv
Tutor

I mean by uploading through the admin page.

Message 7 of 26
headalv
Tutor

I have tried several times. When I install phpMyAdmin I can't navigate to the Admin page once it installs.

Message 8 of 26
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello headalv,

Can you try installing from the Available Apps list?

Regards,

Message 9 of 26
headalv
Tutor

I can't install any apps through that process. I have to download them from the web and upload them to the NAS.

Message 10 of 26
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello headalv,

Are you getting any error message when you install from the available apps? What error message do you get?

Regards,

Message 11 of 26
headalv
Tutor

It says cannot install application PHPMyAdmin.

I have attached logs.

Message 12 of 26
headalv
Tutor

ReadyNAS_admin.png

Message 13 of 26
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello headalv,

Could you download system logs and upload it to Google drive or any file sharing site like wikisend.com and send me the download link?

Regards,

Message 14 of 26
headalv
Tutor

Here you go.

....(hidden)

Thanks for the help!

Message 15 of 26
StephenB
Guru

@headalv wrote:

Here you go.

XXX

Thanks for the help!

She meant for you to send the link in a "PM" (private message).  Note the messages link in the upper right of the forum.

Message 16 of 26
headalv
Tutor

Crap I was not paying attention. Can I get a moderator to edit that post please? 

Message 17 of 26
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello headalv,

So you have already used apt-get install phpmyadmin command through SSH and you are still getting the error?

I checked the logs and it is getting an error that says "cannot install application PHPMyadmin" "cannot open".

Regards,

Message 18 of 26
EricMN
Aspirant

Hi,

I'm new here so perhaps my problem is not the same but, I tried to add an application and every time I receive an error message:

ReadyNAS.png

The application is Egnyte. Their website says that it's only for 6.7.1 to 6.7.4 so I downgraded to the previous version, still, it doesn't work. I have no clue why, and I didn't find any answer on the Internet.

Do you have an idea?

Best regards, 

Eric

Message 19 of 26
Marty_M
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@EricMN,

What is the exact model number of youre ReadyNAS device? It does appear that Egnyte app will only work with Intel based NAS.

Welcome to the community!

Regards,
Marty_M 
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 20 of 26
Marty_M
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@EricMN,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance. If your issue is now resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” or post what resolved it and mark it as solution so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. 

The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,
Marty_M
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 21 of 26
EricMN
Aspirant

Hi, 

My bad, to unlock the storage sync with Egnyte, I have to pay a supplement. Once is done it should be OK!

Thank you for your help, if it doesn't work after the payment I'll come back to cry here Smiley Wink

Message 22 of 26
Marty_M
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@EricMN,

For third party app support  we refer them to the developer/creator of the app. 

Regards,
Marty_M 
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 23 of 26
Marty_M
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@EricMN,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance. If your issue is now resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” or post what resolved it and mark it as solution so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. 

The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future! 

Regards,
Marty_M
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 24 of 26
EricMN
Aspirant

Hello,

"Accept as Solution"!

Well, the problem wasn't because of the 6.7.5 but because of our ReadyNAS 212 who doesn't have an intel processor, so it can't support Egnyte. Too bad for me!

Message 25 of 26
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 25 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements