× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: SABnzbd for RN102

LaszloFolgerts
Aspirant

SABnzbd for RN102

Hi, I've been using SABnzbd on my RN102 for some time now, without much problems to speak of.

Recently, I had a pretty big download queue, which it wouldn't finish; it stopped at around 80%.

I figured I'll restart SABnzb, see what happens. However, it didn't come back on. It wouldn't start from the NAS UI and the bookmark i normally use to start SABnzbd wouldn't load either.

I figured I'll reboot the NAS via putty. At first the UI wouldn't come back on either. Used Raidar to see if the NAS was there. It was, but it wasn't accessible because it was busy.

After having tried another reboot, it took a while to come back on and now I noticed the firmware had updated from 6.2.3 to 6.2.4 (I didn't tell it to update the firware)

Treid launching SABnzbd again with no luck.

updated the fimware to 6.2.5 to see what would happen, still not able to launch SABnzbd.

Tried to re-install the app, but the UI kept hanging while trying to remove the app. after another reboot the app still showed up in the app list, but without its icon. (broken image link)

I thought maybe if I install it again from "available apps" (where I originally installed it from) but now it's nowhere to be found on that list. When I google "SABnzbd arm" I see that there's a version available but now i have to PAY for it? This seems rediculous. I mean, isn't this "who cares" guy just making money with someone else's freeware?

Anyway, I'd love to be able to use SABnzbd again on my NAS (or any other NZB client for that matter) and I was wondering if anyone could help me out?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks a bunch in advance and kind regards,

Laszlo

Message 1 of 10

Accepted Solutions
LaszloFolgerts
Aspirant

Ok, I got it solved!

I'm not sure if it was part of the problem, but I was also having some problems copying some files to my NAS. I deleted a bunch of files but the NAS didn't show any extra space after that. After some looking around I found someone else had a similar problem and it had to do with the snapshots. I deleted all the snapshots of my movies and music shares, because those are where I made the most changes to in the past few weeks (lots of copying and deleting) and it freed up a couple hundred gigs. 🙂

After that, i thought "what the heck", what if I try installing python again? It installed successfully. I thought well, if that works, how will SABnzbd do? So I installed the .deb file I downloaded from here: http://apps.readynas.com/pages/?page_id=9 and it installed successfully, with all its settings unchanged. 🙂

very happy! 🙂 🙂

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 10

All Replies
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi LaszloFolgerts,

Try to install the SABnzbd app (ARM) that can be downloaded here.

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community

Message 2 of 10
LaszloFolgerts
Aspirant

Hey, thanks for the reply! 🙂 I already tried that but it failed to install.

I also tried re-installing python, but after having it removed I couldn't get it installed again.

I tried rolling back a few firmware versions; as far back as to 6.2.2. When I tried to install python, It said it installed successfully, but it wouldn't show up on the "installed apps" list. I'm now back at firmware 6.2.5 again and now it just says that it failed to install.

I still can't get SABnzbd fully removed either. It still show up in the "installed apps" list, but without the icon (shows a broken image link.) Every time I try to remove it, I get the "removing application, this may take a few minutes" popup and that just stays up indefinitely. After I've refreshed the page the app is still there, nothing changed. When I try to switch SABnzbd on, I get the "toggling service" popup and then disappears again, but SABnzbd stays turned off.

Hoping someone knows what to do 🙂

Message 3 of 10
LaszloFolgerts
Aspirant

Ok, I got it solved!

I'm not sure if it was part of the problem, but I was also having some problems copying some files to my NAS. I deleted a bunch of files but the NAS didn't show any extra space after that. After some looking around I found someone else had a similar problem and it had to do with the snapshots. I deleted all the snapshots of my movies and music shares, because those are where I made the most changes to in the past few weeks (lots of copying and deleting) and it freed up a couple hundred gigs. 🙂

After that, i thought "what the heck", what if I try installing python again? It installed successfully. I thought well, if that works, how will SABnzbd do? So I installed the .deb file I downloaded from here: http://apps.readynas.com/pages/?page_id=9 and it installed successfully, with all its settings unchanged. 🙂

very happy! 🙂 🙂

Message 4 of 10
LaszloFolgerts
Aspirant

OK I solved the problem and selected it as a solution. But I made a few edits to remove a few typos and now its "awaiting moderation" or something...

Message 5 of 10
WhoCares_
Mentor

This may have been a problem with SABnzbd and log files. Since your solution isn't showing I have no idea what you did to solve the problem but would be interested in learning the details. So if you could drop me a message, that would be really great.

-Stefan

Message 6 of 10
LaszloFolgerts
Aspirant

OK, this is weird. I tried to post the solution again, it showed up as being posted in the thread and now it's gone again. Also, when I edit a reply, the reply gets removed altogether.

What is it with this new forum?

Message 7 of 10
LaszloFolgerts
Aspirant

Ok, since the solution wasn't showing anymore after I made some edits to it, I DID get a mail that my answer was selected as a solution, with the mail containing my answer, so I'm just going to crtlC ctrlV it here:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, I got it solved!

very happy! 🙂 🙂

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 8 of 10
LaszloFolgerts
Aspirant

Aaaand... it's gone again....

What gives, guys???

Message 9 of 10
LaszloFolgerts
Aspirant

and now it's there again. I don't know WHAT the heck is going on here....

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements