× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

SDK for creating an OS 6 add-on

simoncn
Aspirant

SDK for creating an OS 6 add-on

I'm trying to find the SDK for creating an OS 6 add-on. From what I've been able to find out so far, an OS 6 add-on is packaged as a .deb file, not a .bin file as with previous versions of Raidiator. I've tried to register at developer.netgear.com in the hope that this might provide me with access to the SDK, but clicking the 'Register now' link takes me back to the 'Log in' page and I can't find a way to get past this. Any pointers for how to get access to the SDK would be much appreciated.
Message 1 of 8
super_poussin
Virtuoso

Re: SDK for creating an OS 6 add-on

Message 2 of 8
simoncn
Aspirant

I tried this, but I have had no response from NETGEAR. Is anyone else seeing the same problem with registering as a member of the developer program? It seems impossible to get to the registration page unless I am already logged in.... catch 22!
Message 3 of 8
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Try contacting JabbaTheHutt
Message 4 of 8
sventunus
Aspirant

What the...? There is no public SDK available to create add-ons for OS6? I have just been playing around a bit with OS 6 in a VM and have some things I would like to package in a proper way so they can be installed through the web UI instead of having to SSH in a box. There's no way I could do that like it was possible on OS 4?
Is there a fee to pay to register as a developer maybe?
Message 5 of 8
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

You can get the SDK here: http://apps.readynas.com/pages/?page_id=68
Message 6 of 8
sventunus
Aspirant

Great, thanks mdgm! 🙂
I didn't see that link mentioned anywhere on the Netgear/ReadyNAS site...
Message 7 of 8
chirpa
Luminary

apps.readynas.com is only around a month old now. Surprised the developer.netgear.com went down with no kind of redirect at least.
Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements