× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Startup order for services installed as addons?

fastfwd
Virtuoso

Startup order for services installed as addons?

I want to start a new service before one of my installed addon services starts. I could just edit the addon's start.sh script to include a call to my service's start script, but a) I want the behavior to survive updates of the addon, and b) the two services will run as different users and I want to avoid issues with permissions.

I know how startup order is determined for services in the rc?.d directories, but the "addons" services don't appear in those directories.

So... What starts (and stops) the addon services? And does anyone have a suggestion for a good place for me to insert the call to my service's start and stop scripts?
Message 1 of 4
tarkeen
Aspirant

Re: Startup order for services installed as addons?

Maybe you look developer.netgear.com? Do think NetGear put developer thing there now
Message 2 of 4
fastfwd
Virtuoso

tarkeen wrote:
Maybe you look developer.netgear.com? Do think NetGear put developer thing there now

Thanks, but I need help with RAIDiator 4.2.22 on a Pro Pioneer; that site is for OS 5 on a Duo V2 or an NV+ V2.
Message 3 of 4
tarkeen
Aspirant

Do look like you right. Maybe look for SDK for OS4. Do may explains OS4 addon
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements