× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Transmission permission denied on model 104

StephenB
Guru

@atai1960 wrote:

The only change I have done is the IP address type from static to pppoe. I receive mail from the NAS so I think it can reach Internet 

If you are receiving mail, then it is connected.

The IP address you are talking about is on the router correct?

@atai1960 wrote:

I said that start downloading and then it stop when arrive at 4mb but this is what the transmission screen say.  If I look at the Incomplete folder while is downloading nothing happen. 

Ok.  So nothing has changed on the NAS (no configuration changes or firmware updates), and the problem happened immediately when you changed ISPs?

Try changing the MTU on the NAS IP configuration to 1492.  

If you can see what port transmission is using, check to see if that port is open using http://www.canyouseeme.org/ You can do this check from a PC. 

Message 26 of 29
atai1960
Aspirant

Yes, I was talking about the IP address on the router.

Nothing has changed on the NAS configuration.

I changed the MTU on NAS to 1492 but nothing changed.

I still have the same error when it reach 4.20 mb downloaded.

I also run the program to check if the port used by Transmission is open but I received this message but honestly I receive the same message when I check the port used by utorrent (and this is working correctly)

Cattura.JPG

Message 27 of 29
StephenB
Guru

Try forwarding port 51413 to the NAS (you do this in your router).

Message 28 of 29
Alin123
Initiate

I know that I am a bit late with this reply , but I made it just in case there are other people that still have NAS 104 , so what I did and it worked is that i downloaded Qbittorrent from the NAS app market , it created a folder where it will download stuff and then I downloaded stuff with transmission to that folder that was made by qbittorrent and has the necessary permissions. 

Message 29 of 29
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 28 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements