× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Trying to make drivers for RN104 for z-wave z-stick

rklosinski
Aspirant

Trying to make drivers for RN104 for z-wave z-stick

Im trying to build the drivers for the zwave z-stick and have followed the following instructions:

Aeon Labs Z-Stick needs USB_CP210x.
Install packages for build tools.
apt-get install build-essential libncurses5-dev
Get GPL sources from Netgear. Download the version matching your ReadyNAS OS6 release.
Sources will be unzip into /data/Download folder, as it takes more than 1GB (to adapt if necessary).
cd /data/Download
mkdir GPL
wget http://www.readynas.com/download/GPL/readynasos/ReadyNASOS_V6.1.6_WW_src.zip
unzip -oq ReadyNASOS_V6.1.6_WW_src.zip
Update kernel config (linux-3.xx to attapt according to the ReadyNAS OS6 release).
cd linux-3.0.101
cp arch/x86/configs/readynas_defconfig .config
make menuconfig
Navigate in order to enable as Module
Device Drivers --->
USB Support --->
USB Serial Converter Support --->
<M> USB CP210x family of UART Bridge Controllers
<M> USB FTDI Single Port Serial Driver (EXPERIMENTAL)
And compile.
make ARCH=arm
make modules_install ARCH=arm
modprobe cp210x
modprobe ftdi_sio

the "make ARCH=arm" fails with and error that arm-linux-enueabi-ld not found. It seams that the make file is for cross-compiling the code, and Im acutally using the readynas to build it. Any suggestions????

Also.... using menuconfig I modified the compiler prefix to arm-linux-gnueabi-. If I dont do this it looks for the arm-mv7blah blah compiler... so I make a symlink to the arm-linux-gnueabi-gcc... now it fails looking for objdump.

Most of the treads seem to be for the x86_64 arch..Has anyone got this compiled on the arm running os6.

BTW, homeseer seems to run just fine :)... it just missing an interface.

Thanks,
Rich
Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements