× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Unable to install add ons os 6

Dom-Juan
Tutor

Unable to install add ons os 6

Good Day.

just bought the RN516, running OS6.4. all seems OK so far. But while installing add-on, I noted that it is never possible to install any of the pre-listed Add-ons through the WebIF page of the NAS . I always have to download and install manually. However, that worked so far. 

I don't think that the upload/install process though the WebIF of the NAS is supposed to 'not work'.

I there an idea or actual reason for it ?

Thanks for any suggestions or recommendations.

JD

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
Dom-Juan
Tutor

Re: Unable to install add ons os 6

Thanks for the suggestions.

Network settings and DNS of course is the 1st thing to verify, and there is / was no issue. By the way OpenDNS (208.67.222.222/202) is just fine and preferred over Google Servers at the moment. 

I opened a Support Case, and it seemed a file permission / access right issue. Factory reset & new clean user setup solved the issue. Fortunately , I was just at the beginning of the setup.

What a relief 🙂

Again thanks for the help.

Juan

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Do you get an error message? What happens when you try to install one?

Message 2 of 5
cpu8088
Virtuoso

check network settings and ensure dns has been added correctly

Message 3 of 5
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Dom-Juan,

Welcome to the community!

Please try adding 8.8.8.8 as DNS server on the Network settings of the NAS through the admin page. If same problem, please try another browser to see if you get the same problem.

Regards,

Message 4 of 5
Dom-Juan
Tutor

Thanks for the suggestions.

Network settings and DNS of course is the 1st thing to verify, and there is / was no issue. By the way OpenDNS (208.67.222.222/202) is just fine and preferred over Google Servers at the moment. 

I opened a Support Case, and it seemed a file permission / access right issue. Factory reset & new clean user setup solved the issue. Fortunately , I was just at the beginning of the setup.

What a relief 🙂

Again thanks for the help.

Juan

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements