× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Uninstalling MySQL or resetting to default settings (advanced question)

Newsat11
Luminary

Uninstalling MySQL or resetting to default settings (advanced question)

I'm trying to install an application that is dependent on the MySQL server. I was installing some other programs and for security reasons I changed the password setting for the server to be able to access MySQL. It worked fine for the other applications I was installing but prevents me from installing application provided by ReadyNAS, as it seems they rely on the default settings to properly install. After some consideration, I have just decided to stick with the application provided through Netgear but I need to reset everything in MySQL. I have tried uninstalling the program, but the removal process leaves the databases behind, meaning when I reinstall MySQL, it finds that same stored user setting as before. I need to know if someone knows how to do a clean install of MySQL or can help me identify all the additional files I need to remove through SSH to complete the uninstall process through OS6?????

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Newsat11,

Thanks for replying. You may close this by clicking Accept Solution probably to the response you made since that I believe has the solution you took.

We appreciate your contribution to the community, please feel free to post anything that you think worth sharing and questions you want to ask.

Regards, 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6

All Replies
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Newsat11,

I believe that is something you can do by accessing it through SSH, no idea of the commands to use. Maybe send PM to author/developer.

Regards,

Message 2 of 6
Newsat11
Luminary

Thanks for the response, I ended up just restoring the unit to factory defaults to restore the settings. I had my data backed up so it wasn't a big deal. I know deleting the files would be through SSH, and I know the commands, I just don't know where the files are located. I don't know if there is anyone on the forums that could tell me. I know you need to delete the libraries in etc, the app data in apps, but I don't know where the databases are stored. I'm going to close this thread because I think this might be a little too advanced for a forum, I would need someone familiar with the installation path of the application.

Message 3 of 6
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Newsat11,

Thanks for replying. You may close this by clicking Accept Solution probably to the response you made since that I believe has the solution you took.

We appreciate your contribution to the community, please feel free to post anything that you think worth sharing and questions you want to ask.

Regards, 

Message 4 of 6
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

You would need to use the mysql command to set the password.

The location where the MySQL databases are stored could be e.g. /var/lib/mysql

Message 5 of 6
bilaridis
Aspirant

I would like to help me to reset password for mysql ...

I have the readynas 21200

thanks vasilis

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements