× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

create app to run on rn204

rodcrit
Luminary

create app to run on rn204

I wish to write  a small app to run continuously on my RN204.  It will move data from one folder to another at set times.

please can someone tell me what I need to do this eg:  what development environment ; what SDKs . cross compilers. how do I install the app on the system  ? 

I am a proficient software developer - I have windows development system microsoft visual studio  -  mainly creating C++ programs.

Any advice appreciated.

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
rodcrit
Luminary

Re: create app to run on rn204

Hi StephenB:

Forgive my ignorance  -   but I thought the front end backup only copied data  -  it did not move it.   I want the source data to be removed once copy has been made.

Have I missed something ?

Regards

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

Start here: http://apps.readynas.com/pages/?page_id=189

Though the built-in frontview backup already can do this???

Message 2 of 4
rodcrit
Luminary

Hi StephenB:

Forgive my ignorance  -   but I thought the front end backup only copied data  -  it did not move it.   I want the source data to be removed once copy has been made.

Regards

Message 3 of 4
StephenB
Guru

@rodcrit wrote:

No, I did.  I was thinking a folder copy (not move). I should have read the post more carefully.

Anyway, the link gives some information on the tools needed, and how to get access to development resources.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements