× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

move from RN102 to RN422

Chris47111
Aspirant

move from RN102 to RN422

Hi folks,

I plan upgrading from RN102 to RN422.

Can I plug in my HDDs from RN102 to RN422 and it "just works". Or should I backup them first and let the RN422 make a "clean install"?

Thanks,

Chris47111

ps: OS is 6.9.3

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: move from RN102 to RN422

It's advisable to make sure that your backup is up to date (you should do this regularly anyway if your data is important to you as no important data should be stored on just the one device no matter what that device is).

If you want to move the disks across you should uninstall any apps on the RN102.

You should also put a scratch disk (must not be from your array) in the RN422, update the firmware to 6.9.3, verify the update is successful (i.e. it comes up with 6.9.3 after the reboot), power down both systems, remove your scratch disk, move the disks across (keep the order the same) and power on.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

It's advisable to make sure that your backup is up to date (you should do this regularly anyway if your data is important to you as no important data should be stored on just the one device no matter what that device is).

If you want to move the disks across you should uninstall any apps on the RN102.

You should also put a scratch disk (must not be from your array) in the RN422, update the firmware to 6.9.3, verify the update is successful (i.e. it comes up with 6.9.3 after the reboot), power down both systems, remove your scratch disk, move the disks across (keep the order the same) and power on.

Message 2 of 3
Chris47111
Aspirant

Hi mdgm,

I finally managed to do as you advised.

Unfortunally something went wrong and I set up the NAS from scratch. Then I copied the data from my external HDD back to the NAS. Thanx,

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements