× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

mysqli_real_connect(): (HY000/1045): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

Hansje
Aspirant

mysqli_real_connect(): (HY000/1045): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

I cannot set up a database in mysql using phpmyadmin. Both apps are installed on the NAS. Occarding to the documentation a configuration file in mysql needs to be installed. But there's no directory I can read to (re)place the config file.Appaently I need Debian to read and write mysql files.

My local computer works with windows10.

Question is: how to (re)place the config file in mysql? 

Model: ReadyNAS-OS6|,RN10221D|ReadyNAS 100 Series 2-Bay
Message 1 of 4
StephenB
Guru

Re: mysqli_real_connect(): (HY000/1045): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password:

@Hansje wrote:

Appaently I need Debian to read and write mysql files.

The NAS runs debian linux, and mysql does run on Windows too.

There are two things you can try to see the config file.

• Access the NAS using ssh (linux shell commands)
  • Map the Data volume to a drive letter and look in .apps

The latter method assumes that mysql was correctly installed on the NAS (meaning that it was installed to the /apps folder).

What you do is run CMD and enter

net use * /delete

net use t: \\nas-ip-address\data /user:admin nas-admin-password

The first command will close any open SMB sessions - if it asks for confirmation, then let it proceed.  The second will mount the NAS data volume as drive letter t.  If your volume isn't named data, then use your actual volume name.  This won't work if you are still using password as the NAS admin password.  Be careful on the typing - both the spaces and the slash directions.

Once you've done this, open Windows File Explorer and go to T:\.apps  This is a hidden folder, so you won't see it when you browse T.  You should see a subfolder for every installed app, plus another subfolder named DO_NOT_DELETE.

Linux uses different text file conventions from windows, so you need to use an editor that can preserve Linux formatting.  Notepad++ is a free editor that you can use.  You go into the "edit" menu, and select Unix (LF) under EOL Conversion.

Message 2 of 4
Hansje
Aspirant

Re: mysqli_real_connect(): (HY000/1045): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password:

The second command is not accepted. Systems replies with "system error 53. Can't find the networkpath."

First nothing happened, but after enabling SSH the first command worked but the second failed.

Is there somthing I forgot?

Message 3 of 4
StephenB
Guru

@Hansje wrote:

The second command is not accepted. Systems replies with "system error 53. Can't find the networkpath."

First nothing happened, but after enabling SSH the first command worked but the second failed.

Is there somthing I forgot?

SSH isn't needed for either command.

Common causes for system error 53:

• SMB client is not enabled on the PC (perhaps because the network is classified as private)
  • SMB service is not enabled on the NAS
  • NAS workgroup doesn't match the PC workgroup
  • Command is mistyped
  • Admin user on the NAS still uses the default password
  • NAS data volume name isn't data
  • You have a share name or NAS account that matches the volume name (bad idea btw).

If it's one of the first three, then you won't have any SMB access to the NAS at all.

If ssh is available, you can find the config file using linux shell commands (look in /apps first).  If you want to use notepad++ to edit it, then you can copy it to a share on the NAS, edit it from windows, and then copy it back to the proper location.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements