× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

slimserver db reappearing

Dewdman42
Virtuoso

slimserver db reappearing

I am not sure if this is the right group to ask.  A long time ago I tried out the logitech squeeze box app and removed it.  Haven't thought much more about it since then, except that recently I turned on mysql to use for pydio, and now the slimserver database keeps getting automatically created in mysql.  I remove it and next day its back again.  Seems like something from that squeeze box must still be present in my system.  Anyone have any knowledge about how to completely remove that slimserver stuff from my readynas?

Message 1 of 15
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: slimserver db reappearing

If you download your logs, I'm guessing there is still a lms or logitech package in there.

Are you comfortable with SSH?

Message 2 of 15
Dewdman42
Virtuoso

Yes I am, but it will have to wait until I can figure out how to get my ReadyNas working again since applying WhoCare's libc upgrade, which somehow hosed it.  I hope someone can help me get it working without losing my C drive....if so I will come back and try this thread again after that.

Message 3 of 15
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Which add-ons are you running?

The newer libc is working well for me.

Message 4 of 15
Dewdman42
Virtuoso

when I installed that libc addon, upon the addon install completing, my ssh command line immediately started returning "segmentation fault" for any and all commands issued, frontview stopped worked, AFP shares disconnected, and I've been unable to connect to the NAS ever since including after recycling power.  

Yesterday I tried to reinstall OS using the boot menu, but all was able to get was for ping to respond.  SSH and frontview and every other way of attempting a connection failed.  This evening I attemped to recycle power again, but then not even ping would work and raidar didn't see it anymore.  

Just now I ran the OS reinstall again.  RAIDar reported it found the device, then said "Upgrading" for a few minutes and now says "Healthy".  This is what it said yesterday too.  However, frontview is not reachable, ssh is saying "connection refused", ping works again, that's it.

Message 5 of 15
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

You could perhaps reach out to WhoCares? and see if he would like to take a look. It would certainly help with trying to identify whether the problem is at his end or not. If he can have a look he can let you know what he needs to have a look at it remotely.

I have seen one other report of something like this, but without some more details it would be impossible to know what caused this.

Message 6 of 15
Dewdman42
Virtuoso

PM'd him yesterday.  Haven't heard back yet.  

Message 7 of 15
Dewdman42
Virtuoso

WhoCares thankfully got me working again....

now back to fixing this issue...

Message 8 of 15
Dewdman42
Virtuoso

mdmg what was the ssh command you were going to reccomend to detect old slimserver stuff?

Message 9 of 15
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

# dpkg -l

Will give you a list of installed packages. You may see a logitech or lms or similar named package still in that list.

Message 10 of 15
Dewdman42
Virtuoso

nothing showing up there that looks relevant unfortunately... 

Message 11 of 15
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Please send me your logs (see the Sending Logs link in my sig).

Message 12 of 15
Dewdman42
Virtuoso

sent.  I didn't even know about the log download option in frontview, very cool!  I do see some references to slimserver in there, so maybe you can help me figure out how to completely uninstall it

Message 13 of 15
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Ah, I didn't realise you had a 4.2.x system.

With these I believe slimserver is/was included in the firmware. Did you remove what was built into the firmware or an add-on?

Message 14 of 15
Dewdman42
Virtuoso

uhmm,  honestly I don't remember and I don't remember slimserver being part of the firmware.  A very long time ago I remember installing something related to squeezebox, which I do not think is built into the firmware, though it may be one of the addons provided from Netgear as opposed to a third party one.  However, I never used it after that and if it was an addon, then I removed it.  I have no idea how I would remove something from the firmware itself...  I didn't try to remove anything manually with ssh or anything of this nature...

Message 15 of 15
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 14 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements