Getting Started - Registration
Registration allows you to take full advantage of the community, enabling you to:
- Post new messages and reply to other members' posts
- Receive an email when someone responds to a specific post or topic
- Exchange private messages with other members
- Personalize your community experience
- Post comments on blogs that don't allow anonymous comments
- Post ideas, vote on the ideas you like best, and post comments
How do I register?
Registering is quick and easy; all you need is a login name, a password, and an email address. To register:
- Click Join Now at the top of any page.
- Enter the required information.
- After completing form, click the REGISTER button.
- You are taken to a new page "Your NETGEAR community account is ready…"
- Click Continue.
- Check your email for the welcome email from NETGEAR containing your login information.
- Enter the login credentials in the Login fields.
- Enter a Username (Your username is what will show to other users when you post or send private messages.)
Tip: Most people create anonymous names for the sake of privacy and to help them feel more comfortable participating. Be creative, have fun with it, but choose carefully: you can't change your login after you're registered.
9. Fill out the remaining fields and click Submit.
Note: You must have cookies enabled in your browser to register and to sign in the community.
What is my role and responsibility in the community?
You are essential to the community, even if all you ever do is read messages or articles that someone else has posted. Communities offer all kinds of contributions: posting questions and sharing answers, leaving comments on blog articles or ideas, voting for ideas you like, or just searching for answers to your questions.
We encourage you to visit often and participate. Ask your toughest questions. Chances are someone has a solution or can point you in the right direction. If you find a solution that works, let others know and pass on your own tips and insights. You might just have the answer someone else needs.
Remember to thank community members who have helped you. Show your appreciation by giving kudos to helpful posts, accepting a solution that answers your question, or posting thank-you replies.
We want the community to be appropriate, friendly, informative, and fun for everyone. Be sure to read the User Guidelines and Community Terms of Service and the Community User Guidelines so that you know what to expect and what is expected of you when you're here.