NETGEAR Community User Guidelines
Welcome to the NETGEAR Community! The NETGEAR Community Team strives to make this a positive place where you can ask for advice, chat about technology, your experience with NETGEAR products, tips, ideas for future improvements, and so much more! Everyone's participation is essential in an online community. Without all of you, there wouldn’t be a community. By visiting often, and participating you are adding to our online knowledge, and encouraging others to do the same. Chances are that question or answer you have is something someone else has been seeking as well. It's a win-win for everyone!
In order to make it a positive and fun experience for everyone, we do ask that you follow our user guidelines set forth here, as well as in the NETGEAR Community Terms of Service. Below are the basic community rules that we ask you to observe:
We all have different personalities, and tone is very hard to convey when typing a message online. Keep that in mind when typing your responses, and make sure to keep your tone positive and constructive. Keep in mind that everyone is at a different level of online and technical proficiency, and they came here for help.
Help Others Help You and Protect your privacy
Respect people's time and effort by ensuring you provide as much information as possible when creating a post. Things you should include in your post:
- A helpful accurate description
- Firmware version
- Device model
- What troubleshooting steps have already been taken
- What error messages you are seeing
- Client used (iOS, Android, Web) and client versions/OS versions
Things you should NOT include:
- Your serial number
- Your physical address, phone number, credit card information, social security number, password, or any other sensitive information
Report abuse or spam
Our spam system and moderators do a great job filtering through spam and abuse. However, sometimes things fall through the cracks. So, if you see any offensive, abusive, or otherwise inappropriate content, please click on the “Report Inappropriate Content” link that is on the bottom left-hand corner of the post. The Community Team respects each user's privacy, and will not discuss one user’s actions or account with any other user. This means that we won’t tell the user who filed the report, but it also means we cannot tell you what action we’ve taken.
Stay on-topic and post in the correct area
- Make sure your post is on the proper board for your topic and product.
- Make sure your contributions are relevant to the discussion you are engaging in.
- Do not post duplicate messages in the forums. You will receive the most efficient assistance from other users if the conversation is maintained in only one thread.
- If you have a new question, please start a new thread.
Show your appreciation
Remember to thank community members who have helped you. Show your appreciation by giving kudos to helpful posts, accepting a solution that answers your question, or posting thank-you replies.