× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Insight Manager 3.0

johngm
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Insight Manager 3.0

Dear Community,

I am very excited to call your attention to the introduction of the 3.0 revision of Insight Manager apps for iOS and Android today.   This is the culmination of several years of hardware, software and cloud architectural design work by the SMB product development team here at NETGEAR.    

When I first arrived at NETGEAR I went out and purchased a ReadyNAS device and was amazed at how easy and intuitive the onboarding experience was.  With a few mouse clicks I not only had a NAS up on my local network, I immediately could get access to my files anywhere in the world through the internet!   That was a huge step forward 5 years ago when NETGEAR introduced it.   

Several years later, my collegues over in the Arlo team here at NETGEAR introduced the first generation of Arlo camera which brought the same instaneous free worldwide access to home surveilance.   I will admit, I immediately ran out and bought a handful of them and love being able to see who is coming to my front door, when a package is left and if my kids have gotten home yet...no matter where I happened to be at the time.

Today, we are introducing a line of SMB networking products with this powerful value proposition based on the same time tested and hardened architecture.   The switches and access points we are announcing today, are the first of their kind with an imbedded cloud agent.  As part of the simple start up process, these devices register on our secure cloud and then allow you to get status, reconfigure or manage them from any where in the world, right from the palm of your hand.    Of course we included the ReadyNAS (2XX and above) products to the same Insight Manager.   

How many times have you gotten a call from one of the users on your network saying they can't get to this resource or that website?  And how many times have you gotten the call from home that the Wifi is off-line?  Unfortunately, you are on a business trip, vacation, running errands or any where remote and couldn't even take the first steps to isolate the issue.   No more.   By merely adding one of our new switches or an access point to your existing network, you now have visibility and control.  You will be able to confirm links are up or down, reset ports, drop malicious clients even perform firmware updates and reboot.    With our PoE switches (the new GC110P, GC510P or GC510PP) you will even be able to power cycle other PoE devices on the network.   

Best of all, there is no need to VPN, open a port on your firewall or deploy a server on the local network, all of the remote communication is accomplished with our secure agent embedded in the operating code of each and every one of our Insight Managed devices.   The cloud-agent concept which we pioneered more than 5 years, and is currently supporting many MILLIONS of Arlo cameras, means that you don't need to worry about complicated network configuration or whether your remote management is secure.   

At NETGEAR we believe that connected solutions like this represent a key element of small business networks of the future.  Insight will be our platform for this rapidly evolving area of innovation and new functionality.   I strongly encourage you to try one of the new switches or access points.   Give the capability a try in one of your existing networks and let us know what you think.   We have involved hundreds of customers in the specification, development and testing of this platform and we will be working to make it better and better as we go forward.   

Best regards,

John

Message 1 of 1
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 8 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements