× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi Pro Wireless 2 - Please Fix!

surenm
Star

Orbi Pro Wireless 2 - Please Fix!

@johngm 

The Orbi Pro features one option for Wireless 2 (Employee Access Wireless Network):

[ ] Allow employees to see each other and access my local network.

This is a giant issue.  I, along with many other users posting here would like to use Wireless 2 for a seperate private network for employees that has internet access, but we all need them to see each other and SEE PRINTERS BUT NOT INTERACT WITH OR SEE WIRELESS 1.  This is such a simple network isolation feature and just about every other router can do this

Please, PLEASE add one more checkbox to this so I can choose:

[ ] Allow employees to see each other on the Wireless 2 network.

[ ] Allow employees to access my full local network.

That way if I check option 1 employee clients or special guests on Wireless 2 can see and interact with clients on Wireless 2, including printers and are still seperate from clients on Wireless 1. 

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF CODING, ADD THIS FEATURE!!!

Other Threads mentioning this exact issue which has not yet been addressed:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-Pro-WiFi-for-Small-Business/Is-quot-Wireless-2-quot-Useless-fo...

Message 1 of 3
NaderA
NETGEAR Expert

Hello surenm,

Thank you for using Orbi Pro and bringing this issue to our attention. You have a very nice and descriptive outline of the case and the business need. the good news is that we are working on further improvements on the traffic isolation and security between the three networks and are happy to take your input and add it to our list.

Orbi Pro Product Management 

Message 2 of 3
surenm
Star

Thank you, I am hoping this feature appears in the next firmware update.

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements