Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can I make my Netgear DGND3700V2 as a wireless extender, without hooking it up with LAN cable?

akapoor
Aspirant

Can I make my Netgear DGND3700V2 as a wireless extender, without hooking it up with LAN cable?

I was wondering if i can use my Netgear N600 modem router as wireless extender without having to physically connect the LAN cable to my current wireless modem router?

I can only find ways to make it as an access point and that to, hooking them both physically with LAN cable all the time. I there any way around it?

Thank you

Model: DGND3700v2|N600 WIRELESS DUAL BAND GIGABIT ADSL2+ MODEM ROUTER
Message 1 of 4
TheEther
Guru

Re: Can I make my Netgear DGND3700V2 as a wireless extender, without hooking it up with LAN cable?

Netgear routers function poorly or not at all as extenders.  Don't bother.

Message 2 of 4

Re: Can I make my Netgear DGND3700V2 as a wireless extender, without hooking it up with LAN cable?

You mean you want the DGND3700V2 to operate as a repeater?

Have you read the manual on that?

DGND3700v2 | Product | Support | NETGEAR

See page 102.

Message 3 of 4
akapoor
Aspirant

Hi Michael, thank your for your reponse.

Yes, i am trying to extend the wireless range using my N600 wireless modem router. 

I have read thourgh the manual and tried setting it up accordingly. However, it wont allow me to enable the wireless repeating function as the 'channel is set on auto'. I cannot figure out what channel i would need to select to enable wireless repaeating function.

Thank you in anticipation

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7