Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't Get To Router With Netgear Genie

GeneralGeorg
Aspirant

Can't Get To Router With Netgear Genie

I have a Netgear DGND3700v2. I wanted to check to see if I had the latest firmware. I used Netgear genie. On the home page WiFi Connection it says Not Connected. On the router settings using the default name and password it will not login. The internet page shows I am connected from the pc thru the router to the internet and am getting download and upload. I have two pc's connected to the router via eathernet cables. My pc can stream video from the pc to my tv so the WiFi must be working. Any suggestions of why the Network genie can't see tthe connection and will not let me login to the router. Thanks for the help.

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
GeneralGeorg
Aspirant

Re: Can't Get To Router With Netgear Genie

Ok  now. The only problem was a wrong IP address was set in the login. It was for a browser I had previously. Many thanks for thr help.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6

All Replies
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello GeneralGeorg

Have you tried to log into the router using 192.168.0.1 in a web browser?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 6

If this is the desktop genie, and not the mobile genie, you can also feed that address into the genie where it says "Enter IP address manually".

But, as DarrenM says, start with the browser.

Message 3 of 6
GeneralGeorg
Aspirant

It will not log in ny putting the ip addres in the browser. The netgear genie will shows that data is passing thru the router and to the internet. The router settings page has the Router Login widow butafter trying to make a connection it says Netgear router is not found ot is not supported. Also as I said before I am actually getting to the internet. Downloading, uploading and all other functions are working normally. It's just that I can't access the router to make changes or check how it is  setup.

Message 4 of 6
GeneralGeorg
Aspirant

Ok  now. The only problem was a wrong IP address was set in the login. It was for a browser I had previously. Many thanks for thr help.

Message 5 of 6

Stuff happens.

Nice to have a report back. Thanks. It could help others in future.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7