Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

D6000 - How to disable WI-FI every night automaticaly

coolthinking
Aspirant

D6000 - How to disable WI-FI every night automaticaly

Hello,

User of a D6000, I would like to prevent the WI-Fi at 2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz being active during every night.

Thus, how can I disable WI-FI every night automaticaly?

Best regards

Model: D6000|AC750 WiFi Modem Router - 802.11ac Dual Band Gigabit
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
TheEther
Guru

Re: D6000 - How to disable WI-FI every night automaticaly

I don't think there's a way to disable Wi-Fi automatically. There's a physical Wi-Fi on/off button on the back.

Alternatively, you can set up a schedule to block all Internet access using the block services feature. Here is a direct link to the page in the manual:
http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/D3600/D3600_D6000_UM_03Dec2015.pdf#page=91

The last option would be to put the D6000 on an A/C timer. It's generally not a great idea, however, to power cycle electronics too often.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
TheEther
Guru

I don't think there's a way to disable Wi-Fi automatically. There's a physical Wi-Fi on/off button on the back.

Alternatively, you can set up a schedule to block all Internet access using the block services feature. Here is a direct link to the page in the manual:
http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/D3600/D3600_D6000_UM_03Dec2015.pdf#page=91

The last option would be to put the D6000 on an A/C timer. It's generally not a great idea, however, to power cycle electronics too often.
Message 2 of 3
coolthinking
Aspirant

Hello,

Nice trick than using the physical button on the back of the router.

That will be my preferred solution.

Pity there is no possibility to scheduled only having the WI-Fi enabled or disabled.

Best regards

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7