Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

D6200 wont save new internet provider password

Vidaea
Tutor

D6200 wont save new internet provider password

Recently we had some storms, they fried the phone line. Telstra has fixed the phone lines now.

we had some issues getting things going and the optus tech changed our adsl2+ connection password. and now for some reason when i go Basic>Internet and add in the new password it wont save.

Any ideas? any thoughts or instructions on reverting it back to factory default (firmware aswell) and completely starting again - so far my reset have reset the setting but im still on the newest firmware (could this be an issue? maybe firmware has been corrupted during ppower spike?)

I dunno, im stretching. any help appreciated

Thanks

Message 1 of 3
Babylon5
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: D6200 wont save new internet provider password

There’s nothing to stop you changing firmware, either older or newer. The only thing you might see when installing older firmware is a warning that it is older, which you can ignore. After changing firmware factory reset the router and enter settings manually.

Is the password that has been set by the ISP using simple alphanumeric characters, or does it use symbols also e.g. £$%

Message 2 of 3
clithes
Prodigy

Re: D6200 wont save new internet provider password

Also try using a browser other than Internet Explorer.  I've heard others mention that they have trouble saving settings when using IE with Netgear GUI

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series