Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

D6400 Change SRA from automatic to Dynamic

Gazza65
Follower

D6400 Change SRA from automatic to Dynamic

I've been told by my ISP that I need to change the SRA setting in my D6400 from Automatic to Dynamic to prevent frequent dropping out.

Can anyone please tell me how I do that?

Message 1 of 5

Re: D6400 Change SRA from automatic to Dynamic

@Gazza65 wrote:

I've been told by my ISP that I need to change the SRA setting in my D6400 from Automatic to Dynamic to prevent frequent dropping out.

Change what?

Manuals are always a good place to start.

Visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

Looks like something that is standard for the D6400 rather than a setting you can change.

The manual may indicated where you could look.

Which ISP is this? Sadly ISP techs are famously ill informed.

Message 2 of 5
S7u
Tutor
Tutor

I have the same issue with Aussie Broadband and my D6400 has been working fine until the last few weeks when apparently they did "maintenance", the router doesn't appear to have anyway to change this setting. And before some smart @RSE says "read the manual", I did, there is no reference to it in the manual either and nothing on the web, best I can see is if you've upgraded to the latest firmware it's "available". Probably needs an answer from Netgear and/or, I'll be returning my modem to place of purchase for something that is NBN compatible and it's theirs and Netgear's problem. Having said that, I'll also report it to the TIO, consumers shouldn't have to upgrade their equipment that is just on a year old because the NBN cannot sort their "stuff" out.

Message 3 of 5

@S7u wrote:

I have the same issue with Aussie Broadband and my D6400 has been working fine until the last few weeks when apparently they did "maintenance", the router doesn't appear to have anyway to change this setting.

It seems that not all DSL modems have that setting.

I realise that it is likely to get me dubbed something rude, but did you try this?

there is no reference to it in the manual either and nothing on the web, best I can see is if you've upgraded to the latest firmware it's "available".

Maybe you needed to search for something else.

Search - NETGEAR Communities – NBN SOS

Then there is this:

Which NETGEAR DSL modem routers support NBN FTTN and FTTB SOS, ROC, and SRA standards? | Answer | NE...

Having said that, I'll also report it to the TIO, consumers shouldn't have to upgrade their equipment that is just on a year old because the NBN cannot sort their "stuff" out.

Sadly, NBN seems to enjoy creating networks that break stuff. Just search the messages that have appeared here in recent years.

These people can provide local expertise:

Whirlpool Forums

Message 4 of 5
MeLeeAnne
Aspirant

Agreed! It is not up to us to fix the NBN!

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7