Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: D7000 - Buffer bloating

minematte
Aspirant

D7000 - Buffer bloating

Good morning,
I have read the various discussions on the site related to this topic but I have not found any effective solution.
This morning I flashed the latest available firmware update of my Nighthawk D7000 but, again, no improvement from the point of view of the buffer bloating, well known problem of this model.
I have already tried a uplink band limit with the 90% of the one detected but no advantages.
The QoS and the WMM have already been tested both on/off, but no better results.

I read on the forum about some beta version of the firmware that solved the problem but no trace of that and no implementation in further stable releases.
I can not contact Netgear support if I do not pay, which seems absurd.

Do you have any further ideas to solve this annoying problem?

Thank you

Senza-titolo-2.jpg

Model: D7000v1|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 9
w3wilkes
Prodigy

Perhaps you could try sending a PM to @Nodism1125 and see if they can help. If you can't get any help from this Netgear employee I'd say your best bet would be to go with a different brand device.

Message 2 of 9
Nodism1125
NETGEAR Expert

Hi @DarrenM

Kindly assist providing the BETA firmware.  (bufferbloat issue) 

Message 3 of 9
minematte
Aspirant

Hi Nodism1125 ,

how can I get the beta firmware?

Thank you

Model: D7000v1|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 4 of 9
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

What firmware version are you currently on?

Message 5 of 9
Placesandspaces
Apprentice

You should go to a site called dslreports and run their speed test.  It will give you a grade for your internet quality, speed, and buffer bloat.  How I fixed my buffering was I bought something called IQ Router and set it up as instructed.  Their customer support has been outstanding.  I had a gigabit subscription.  I was told by IQ Router support than reducing my internet subscription to around 300-250 mbps with their router would improve performance tremendously.  My overall internet grade was a B prior to buying IQ Router.  Made the change from Gig to up to 400 mbps package installed IQ router and my score went to A+ and no buffering since.  I also have Orbi mesh and Netgear AX6 Router connected to the IQ Router and they are running flawlessly.  You can keep your Netgear Router on the network as long as the IQ Router is the first router set up in the network.  You can learn more at evenroute.com.  Amazon sells the router.  Hope that helps.

Message 6 of 9
walaj
Guide

buffer management on the D7000 (v1) is pretty poor on all the issued firmware versions I've used.

There is a hybrid firmware at https://negan07.github.io/ancistrus/ that has a new QoS package - it worked great with my DSL connection (until the DSL modem subcomponent decided to **bleep** itself and I'm now just using the D7000 as a router - tbh, the D7000 is a pile of crap)

Message 7 of 9
minematte
Aspirant

@DarrenM wrote:

What firmware version are you currently on?

I'm sorry for the late answer.

I've update to the last firmware avaiable: V1.0.1.70_1.0.1

Thanks!

Message 8 of 9
minematte
Aspirant

@walaj wrote:

buffer management on the D7000 (v1) is pretty poor on all the issued firmware versions I've used.

There is a hybrid firmware at https://negan07.github.io/ancistrus/ that has a new QoS package - it worked great with my DSL connection (until the DSL modem subcomponent decided to **bleep** itself and I'm now just using the D7000 as a router - tbh, the D7000 is a pile of crap)

I'm trying Ancistrus and it's lightly better.

Did you use a QoS script with this firmware?

Thanks!

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7