Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: D7000 Firmware Version?

FFS123
Tutor

D7000 Firmware Version?

I have v1 of the D7000 on firmware version 1.0.1.50. An update scan from the router tells me it's the latest. The support page for the router offers 1.0.1.68 as the latest.

What's the story there?

Message 1 of 10
FFS123
Tutor

Seems that despite the D7000 being a Nighthawk product & this being a Nighthawk sub-forum, I should have posted in DSL Routers. 

Please move.

Message 2 of 10

@FFS123

Greetings,

The FW versions offered in the Auto-Check and Update are not always the latest avaialble.  This tool should not be relied upon.  Not for checking or updating FW.

Always check the support portal for your model. D7000

Always upgrade manually from a computer connected directly to the router via ethernet

Manual update is the safest and most reliable way to upgrade.

Message 3 of 10
FFS123
Tutor

Thanks @shadowsports.

My first venture back to Netgear for some years & I remember different regions having different firmware versions. Didn't wan to risk bricking it but it's updated now.

Although it's a bit poor that the web GUI doesn't work properly. But then it is Netgear...

Message 4 of 10

Greetings,
It's not that the Auto Check doesn't work, but we've seen that FW seems to get posted to the portal first then finds it's way to the update server later.

From an upgrade perspective, downloading and updating FW over wireless introduces a potential point of failure. It might work 10 times in a row, but if it fails, you usually end up with a bad or corrupt flash, and who has time for that.

Cheers
Message 5 of 10
FFS123
Tutor

I'd be fairly sure that there's been other updates. Can't imagine versions going from 50 to 68 in one hit.

Edit

I can see 60, 64 & 66 without looking too hard.

Message 6 of 10
bdfm
Guide

I received a Netgear email yesterday advising me that there was a firmware update to V1.0.1.68.  I checked using Netgear Genie and found my device is running V1.0.1.64 so using the Router Update tab I checked for the latest update. It came back with no updates available.  I opened a new browser window and went to http://www.routerlogin.net and entered my device info and followed directions to search for new firmware. Same result - no new updates available.

I want to make sure my device is running the current firmware - any suggestions?  Thanks in advance!

Model: D7000v1|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 7 of 10
antinode
Guru

> [...] V1.0.1.68. [...]

That's what I have.

> I want to make sure my device is running the current firmware [...]

Visit http://netgear.com/support , put in your model number, and look
for Downloads.  (For older versions, under Firmware and Software
Downloads, look for "View Previous Versions".)  Find the kit(s).
Download the kit(s) you want.  Read the "Release Notes" file for
instructions.

Message 8 of 10
bdfm
Guide

-antinode,

Thanks for your response. I was able to successfully install the new firmware.

Netgears original email directing me to www.routerlogin.net failed to turn up the new firmware.  They should list the process that you outlined to visit netgear.com/support and then follow the release notes.

Thanks again!

Model: D7000v1|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 9 of 10
FFS123
Tutor

They should list the process that you outlined to visit netgear.com/support and then follow the release notes.

No, they should make the bloody web check work!

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7