Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

D7000 Made no difference to the original router?

mistikempire
Guide

D7000 Made no difference to the original router?

Hello all!

In my own home i have a small Netgear Modem, to which it is then connected to 2x Nighthawks R7000 on the ground/first floor. (My house has a bedroom in the attic, needed the signal to go up there)

This forum helped me set it up, to which i am incredibly thankful and happy with!

Now across the road is my grandmothers house, same sort of victorian style house with ground and first floor.

At the moment she is with Utility warehouse and using their modem/router which is currently located upstairs in the bedroom.

The problem is the signal strengh does not reach downstairs to the living room area, it receives around 3-4mbps in speed, being just enough to browse the internet slowly, but too slow for any sort of video playing (youtube/cctv etc)

So i thought, i would go ahead and instead of buying the R7000, i purchased today the R7500 and thought that the nighthawk surely is a much better upgrade then utlity warehouses router.

So i set it all up, plugged it in and got it working! HOWEVER it made absalutly no difference at all!

Downstairs was still very slugishing only receiving 3-4mbps again!

Before creating a post, i checked the forum to see if anyone had a similar problem, a few people, to which they posted their settings/advised to update firmware.

I done both, however still no luck 😕

Any ideas on what to do? as i feel to just return the D7000 as their was no point if its going to make no difference.

Model: D7000|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 5

Re: D7000 Made no difference to the original router?

@mistikempire wrote:
The problem is the signal strengh does not reach downstairs to the living room area, it receives around 3-4mbps in speed, being just enough to browse the internet slowly, but too slow for any sort of video playing (youtube/cctv etc)

How fast is the Internet connection? Wifi will be slow if the Internet link is slow.

To test, see how fast the wifi is sitting next to the router.

Message 2 of 5
mistikempire
Guide

Hi Micheal

i sat right next to the router and still it was the same speeds of 3-5 mbps

sorry for the late reply, i did not get any emails to say someone had replied to my thread, was wondering had came on here to see you have replied.

Message 3 of 5

So, to repeat my question "How fast is the Internet connection?"

If you get the same speed sitting next to the router, it cannot be any faster somewhere else in the building.

If you can test the wired connection from the router, that will give you a better guide to the speed of the incoming Internet service.

Message 4 of 5
mistikempire
Guide

-same speeds of 5 mbps next to the router.
-3mbps downstairs away from the router
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7