Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

D7000 Modem to XR500 not connecting

SortaKnowsThing
Follower

D7000 Modem to XR500 not connecting

Good Day Everyone. 

So I've been running Sky off my D7000v2 for a few years now with the only problem being connection dropping every so often. Recently set up a XR500 to run all the consoles via Cat6 but each time I set it to modem only, nothing shows through the Nighthawk app to set it up.

Am I missing something, with the d7000 in modem only shows amber for internet connection, guessing due to the fact the new router hasn't been set up yet?

Is port 1 the forwarding port in modem mode or Port 4 WAN/Ethernet? (have tried both).

Have factory reset the D7000 multiple times just to get some internet access back which is straight forward and works just fine until i try and run it back as modem only, being the XR500 is basically a paperweight right now.

Any ideas?

Model: D7000|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router, XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 2

Re: D7000 Modem to XR500 not connecting

@SortaKnowsThing wrote:

....but each time I set it to modem only, nothing shows through the Nighthawk app to set it up.

What do you expect to see in the Nighthawk app?

Better to use a browser connected to the XR500.

When you set up the D7000, your next move should be to ensure that it connects to the Internet. Don't connect anything else to it at this stage.

After you have confirmed that, turn off the modem. Then follow this process:

Be sure to restart your network in this sequence:

• Turn off and unplug modem.
  • Turn off router and computers.
  • Plug in and turn on modem. Wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
  • Turn on the router and wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
  • Turn on computers and rest of network.

Then you should be able to get into the router, preferably through a browser.

Have factory reset the D7000 multiple times just to get some internet access back which is straight forward and works just fine until i try and run it back as modem only, being the XR500 is basically a paperweight right now.

Every time you reset the D7000 it goes back to modem/router mode.

Is port 1 the forwarding port in modem mode or Port 4 WAN/Ethernet? (have tried both).

Ports 1 to 4 should be OK. (See the diagram in the manual.) The red Internet port is when you want to use the D7000 in router only mode, with the modem disabled.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7