Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

D7000 close or secure open ipv6 wan ports

dmg15
Aspirant

D7000 close or secure open ipv6 wan ports

Hi,

Upon doing a WAN Side ipv6 port scan, i have discovered that I have a bunch of open IPV6 ports. How can I block all IPV6 traffic or at least clise/filter these ports? I’m running firmware version V1.0.1.60_1.0.1

If its not possible on the D7000 is there a device I can buy where it is possible?

I can provide my IP address if required, didnt thint it would be smart to post it!
Model: D7000|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 3
schumaku
Guru

Re: D7000 close or secure open ipv6 wan ports

While all have an odd "service blocking" for Internet access (who on earth does block say https port 443 for some hours @Netgear? ... the "feature" is even copied by many other router vendors - neither Nighthawk, nor Orbi, nor Orbi Pro has the ability to manage IPv6 or IPv4 firewall rules for Internet->Router resp. Internet->LAN. Here again, @NaderA and @johngm please. 

Message 2 of 3
dmg15
Aspirant

Re: D7000 close or secure open ipv6 wan ports

I’m actually fairly happy and impressed with how secure the router is from the WAN side in terms of handing port scans / ddos. For the most part i could not expect anything more. But only for IPV4!
IPV6 seems like an open invitation for anyone to access my network as they please.
I agree that service blocking on the lan side only works half the time, and why have options to turn off upnp and ipv6 if they still work when theyre off.. the option should say ‘ignore ipv6’
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7