Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

D7000 disconnects from internet and DoS attack:ACK Scan shows at time of disconnection

Sky26
Initiate

D7000 disconnects from internet and DoS attack:ACK Scan shows at time of disconnection

Hi

I have a D7000Nighthawk AC100 Modem Router, connected to multiple devices. It has recently started more frequently to lose internet connection saying cannot connect to DNS of sites I try and connect to. All internet disappears from all devices connected to router.

I have updated router firmware to latest Version V1.0.1.84_1.0.1 but problem remains.

When I check the owners of the ACK Scan IP source they are Amazon, Microsoft and Apple.

Any ideas on how to fix the problem so router stays connected to internet?

Message 1 of 5
Sky26
Initiate

Re: D7000 disconnects from internet and DoS attack:ACK Scan shows at time of disconnection

Hi - I meant a Nighthawk D7000 AC1900 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router.

Message 2 of 5

Re: D7000 disconnects from internet and DoS attack:ACK Scan shows at time of disconnection

Your subject doesn't seem to tie in with the text of your message, which is about disconnections.

Are you worried about DoS attacks?

Netgear's firmware is great at creating false reports of DoS attacks. Many of them are no such thing.

Search - NETGEAR Communities – DoS attacks

Use Whois.net to see who is behind some of them and you may find that they are from places like Facebook, Google, even your ISP.

Here is a useful tool for that task:

IPNetInfo: Retrieve IP Address Information from WHOIS servers

If these events are slowing down your router, one theory is that it may be because the router is using up processor time as it writes the events to your logs. Anything that uses processor power – event logging, QoS management, traffic metering – may cause slowdowns. Disable logging of DoS attacks and see if that reduces the problem. This does not prevent the router from protecting you from the outside world.

Message 3 of 5
Kingmarv
Aspirant

Mine was working fine now last two weeks every day disconnects from internet. I have to reset password on Nighthawk site every day. Why all of a sudden after 2-3 years? Is there a fix?
Message 4 of 5

@Kingmarv wrote:
Mine was working fine now last two weeks every day disconnects from internet. I have to reset password on Nighthawk site every day.

Your what? Modem/router?

Does this have anything to do with the question from @Sky26? Do you see DoS attack:ACK Scans?

If not, please do not hijack someone else's discussion. It is against the community rules.

Start your own discussion and include details that might offer a few clues.

You can help people to help you by providing the information suggested in this forum's header:

Subject (Include model number and brief summary)
Model (Recommended - Helps the community give the best answers)
Body (Include additional detail including model version, firmware, OS and environment where relevant.)

They are there for a good reason.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7