Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

D7000 nighthawk router - we keep losing the internet connection - it works again when restarted

cbbryan
Follower

D7000 nighthawk router - we keep losing the internet connection - it works again when restarted

Our D7000 nighthawk modem router keeps losing the internet connection - when we turn it off and back on it works again.  We have tried setting it up in different places and that makes no difference. We lose the connection for all devices - wireless connected and ethernet connected.  it happens mostly when the internet has been used for an extended period of time - so we though it may be overheating? however it has also happened a couple of times within 30 minutes of starting use.

Our broadband connection is ADSL

Model: D7000|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 8

Re: D7000 nighthawk router - we keep losing the internet connection - it works again when restarted

Which firmware version?

What happens to the lights on the thing?

Message 2 of 8
Broncs1
Aspirant

Re: D7000 nighthawk router - we keep losing the internet connection - it works again when restarted

I have The exact same issue. Lights on router continue to display properly but no internet. I’m on the most current firmware
Message 3 of 8

@Broncs1 wrote:
...no internet.

Wired? Wifi? (2.4GHz? 5GHz?) Both?

Re: Nighthawk D7000 2.4Ghz WiFi issues - Page 13 - NETGEAR Communities

Message 4 of 8
Broncs1
Aspirant

Everything drops
Message 5 of 8

First, if you haven't done so already, factory reset the device.

If that doesn't work, try an older firmware.

Most recent issues with the D7000 have been with wifi, but you may have a severe dose of "D7000 flu".

Message 6 of 8
Broncs1
Aspirant

I’ve done the factory reset thing. Any recommendations on firmware version that’s stable?
Message 7 of 8

I'd check the other discussion I linked to.

People have tried various versions. You may even be able to get access to the latest beta firmware.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7