Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

D7000 random disconnects on mobile devices

CBlank
Follower

D7000 random disconnects on mobile devices

I have been experiencing this since I got the router. It is connected to the NBN via DSL. What happens when it drops on my phone is that the wifi will stay connected, but say no internet connection (something along those lines). I am fairly certain this only happens on the mobile devices in the household (2 seperate android phones and an iPad) as I don't experience it on my laptop. I had another router before the d7000 and did not experience it at all.
All it takes to temporarily fix is to disconnect from the wifi and reconnect.
This happens at least 2 or 3 times a day.

The firmware on the router is up to date.

Thanks
Model: D7000|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 2
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: D7000 random disconnects on mobile devices

We understand that some customer may be experiencing difficulty remaining connected to the 2.4GHz band of their D7000 router.  NETGEAR is aware some customers are experiencing this.  We are continuing to investigate this to determine root cause and provide a solution.  However, from reviewing the information to date we have some general directions but need your assistance to find the absolute cause.  To that end, If you are experiencing this difficulty and are willing to work with NETGEAR to help troubleshoot the connection, we would like to work with you.

What to expect if you choose to work with NETGEAR may require some or all of the following:

• NETGEAR will need to load software on your computer (Teamviewer)
  • The process could potentially than an hour or more
  • You will need to be in front of your computer for the duration of the testing
  • You will need to provide personal information such as name, phone number, etc.
  • Current firmware version
  • Other firmware versions tested
  • Hardware version
  • Detailed problem description
  • Can the issue be reproduced
  • Error messages or screenshots
  • Was the unit replaced
  • Network diagram/topology
  • Configuration files
  • Configuration’s LAN IP, username, and password
  • List of wireless devices connected to the 2.4GHz band
  • Description of Environment (e.g. – distances, floors, brick walls, etc.)
  • How often the disconnects happen
  • Have you tried connecting devices at a closer range (i.e 6 feet)?
  • Do all the devices on the band disconnect at the same time
  • Are you having disconnects on the 5GHz band
  • What wireless channels have you tried
  • Netstumbler/inSSIDer (iStumbler, if Mac OS X) screenshot(s) (MUST be included in all escalations): (file name) Screenshots should show all channels)
  • Packet captures (Wireshark) included: (file name) (should capture when issue happens)
  • When did issue start to occur? After 6months? After a firmware upgrade? Etc.
  • Is the device running hot?
  • Have you tried resetting the unit to factory default?
  • Do you have chromecast? if so what version are you running?

If you still interesting in working with us please email netgeardslsupport@netgear.com as well need to get your personal contact information.  If you prefer not to troubleshoot with us at the time, we will provide updates to this community conversation as they become available.

Thanks and we look forward to help resolving these difficulties for you and the entire NETGEAR community.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7