Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

D7000v2 UPNP Server issues with iDevices

topbloke
Aspirant

D7000v2 UPNP Server issues with iDevices

I am running firmware version V1.0.0.51_1.0.1.  All of my devices are connected via the wired thernet, accept my iPhone and iPad which are both connected to the 5G wifi network and I have tried them on the 2G network, however the problem descibed below still persists.

The only thing that has changed on my set-up is the introduction of the new Netgear D7000v2 router which replaced my standard Sky Router.

I have a media server running on a fixed IP address, which servers a number of devices in the house.  Sonos, Blu-ray player, AV Processor.  All of those devices can see my Media Server and access the content, which using them directly and not using any APPs on my iDevices to access them.

I run a number of apps on my iDevices which relay on UPNP to see the rendeners, Blu-ray player and AV Processor and the Media Server.  The main app I use on called mconnect and I have the paid for version.

Since introducing the D7000v2 at the start of August the iDevices cannot see the rendeners or Media Servers.  If I restart the iDevices they will show up for a couple of minutes but then dissappear.  However this is not consistent and sometimes they will not show at all.  The Sonos is the more reliable for showing up, but of no use as this can only be controoled by the Sonos app.  (BTW Sonos is running over it sown Wifi network and not the D7000v2 network, it is only connected by the ethernet bridge.)

With the old Sky Router there was never any issues and the iDevices could see the Medias Server and the Rendeners without any issue at all.

I have tried resetting the router, rebooting the rooter and it has the latest firmware.

Does anyone have any ideas what might help to fix this? Or do I need to return the router for a different type?

Model: D7000v2|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem RouterD7800|Nighthawk X4S – AC2600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 2
Nobby690
Aspirant

Re: D7000v2 UPNP Server issues with iDevices

If you have a Sky Q box turn offthe wi fi in the engineering menue. They send out a mesh signal fot Sky mini boxes that kill all other wifi signals.  I have a few problems with my new D7000 v2 but they are nowhere near as bad as with my ISP router/modem. Maybe my range expectations were unrealistic,  or maybe it is just not as good as advertised.  Sky boxes work with Sky modems but in my house I could have Sky or Skype not both.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7