Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: D7800 / R7800 | Ping Fluctuation / Packet Loss | ADSL2

Oatki
Aspirant

D7800 / R7800 | Ping Fluctuation / Packet Loss | ADSL2

Hello,
I recently purchased my R7800 in August last year. I bought the router thinking the qos would negate the fluxuation of ping (50+) and packet loss I had been experiencing. Since purchasing the router (upgrading from the D6200), I've yet to see the router have any significant change in regards to ping variance or packet loss. The variance experienced is only significant in real time applications such as gaming. The spikes of ping varience/lag seem to come at random and don't correlate with network congestion at the time. It can also last hours (see the game length in the log attached is 30+ minutes). A website logsoflag.com analyses network logs from the game League of Legends. Attached is a side by side comparison of two logs, one of which is ideal conditions (stable ping) the other is which I'm experiencing frequently. I've tried a variety of router configurations however I'm yet to solve the issue.
I've tried:
-Dynamic qos

-Dynamic qos (Subtracting 1mb from peak download speed which is around 5.5mb/s)

-Manual qos (highest prioritising my desktop) (side note: both logs provided were taken from only prioritising myself as highest)

-No qos

I'm currently on a desktop, using ethernet over power on adsl2+. My provider (Telstra) encouraged that I ensured it wasn't a hardware problem before I sent my pstn and get one of the guys to rebuild the line. I'm happy to provide anymore details I may be missing.

Edit: I would like to add that my router has been consistently being updated with the latest firmware (currently V1.0.1.31)

Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
Oatki
Aspirant

Sorry , I have a Nighthawk X4S D7800.
I've attached a speedtest from speedtest.net

Message 2 of 5
Oatki
Aspirant

As requested.

Message 3 of 5
Oatki
Aspirant

I've also attached a screenshot of the results 

Line of Sight:2561 m
Estimated Cable:3201 m
Estimated Attenuation:45
Estimated Maximum Speed:5666
Message 4 of 5
Oatki
Aspirant

I'm schedueled to have NBN installed in my suburb early Febuary this year with FTTN. Can distance attribute to inconsistent ping/ packet loss? I would think that distance would create a consistent effect rather than an inconsistent one. I could be wrong of course.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7