Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

DGN2200 doesn't reconnect

Icovada
Follower

DGN2200 doesn't reconnect

I have a DGN 2200 router, annex A, latest available firmware as of now.
Not only if I unplug the phone cable it takes quite a while for the ADSL light to go off, but my connection dies every night at 23:37.
This has happened since I had the ADSL line, years ago, so I suppose it's the provider recycling IPs etc, but every router I had (Linksys, Cisco, USRobotics) had always reconnected within 2 minutes.
This one instead recognizes the reset (IP, netmask and everything are set to 0.0.0.0) but doesn't attempt to reconnect. I have to reset it every night.
I hope this issue will be fixed in the next firmware update - if the IP is 0.0.0.0, disconnect and retry
Message 1 of 3
dess
Aspirant

Re: DGN2200 doesn't reconnect

no hope...

Problem exist since selling this xxx unit and netgear will not change anything.

Last update is from 10/04/2010 - you see, no chance to get a fix. Looks like its a end of life product. We use a timer to disconnect this xxx router every 8 hours from power to fix this heavy bug......

We stop buying netgear because of no support after selling.

Looks like every product from netgear have unsolved problems.... (eg. WNDR3700, WNDR37AV,....)
Message 2 of 3
prince213
Aspirant

Re: DGN2200 doesn't reconnect

Oh this bug still exist even in latest adsl wifi router models and netgear people don't have any idea or plan to fix this basic issue.
Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series