Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: DM200 DSl Modem set-up

nathharr3
Aspirant

DM200 DSl Modem set-up

Hi, I have just purchased a DM200 to be used with Orbi RBK23. The install instructions for the DM200 only refernce using an ethernet cable connected to a computer. I only have mobile devices. Can this modem be set-up in a browser only without the need to be hard-wired to a computer? Thanks

Model: DM200|Broadband High-Speed DSL Modem
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions

@nathharr3 wrote:

Can this modem be set-up in a browser only without the need to be hard-wired to a computer?

There is no way of connecting to the DM200 without a wired connection. It does not support wifi.

If you plan to use the DM200 in front of a router, like the RBK23, then you need to get the DM200 into modem only mode.

Got any friends/family you can invite round with a laptop? Once set up you should be OK.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies

@nathharr3 wrote:

Can this modem be set-up in a browser only without the need to be hard-wired to a computer?

There is no way of connecting to the DM200 without a wired connection. It does not support wifi.

If you plan to use the DM200 in front of a router, like the RBK23, then you need to get the DM200 into modem only mode.

Got any friends/family you can invite round with a laptop? Once set up you should be OK.

Message 2 of 4
nathharr3
Aspirant

Excellent Michael, thanks for the response. I was trying to by a stand-alone Modem to make set-up as easy as possible but clearly my research lacked the key question of supporting wifi set-up. Thanks again for your help.

Message 3 of 4

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. A modem/router might do the trick, but even there I would be wary of relying on wifi only to set up and manage these things.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7