Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Firmware for dgnd3700 dated 9/2011 ...Its 6/2011

theTechman05
Aspirant

Firmware for dgnd3700 dated 9/2011 ...Its 6/2011

I'm waiting for this router to come out since apparently Amazon just put it up last week and it says 1-3 month to deliver even though I saw a forum post that seems to insinuate its out in UK. Should I take this oops on a public site that this routers not expected out till September?:confused:

Bing which seemed to be the second area to even list it and even it still shows the wndr3700, so something funky.

Is it out or is it still in the its coming phase:eek:
Message 1 of 18
alfakid
Aspirant

Re: Firmware for dgnd3700 dated 9/2011 ...Its 6/2011

This router is released, and on the retail shelves in Australia. Has been for weeks now.
Message 2 of 18
theTechman05
Aspirant

O.k but places like amazon.com just got it up and are misdirecting to other netgear products.

Still like the main point the firmware on the site lists the firmware September 2011.

I did just notice that regaurdless of amazons lag to show this product , Staples now has it cheaper than amazon and shipping with delivery in less than a week. Now I just have to wait for reviews to fill up to see if this products for me as I hope.
Message 3 of 18
Renegade_Dragon
Aspirant

If you search the Bing Shopping link, the second search item will be for the DGND3700 which will be found at ElectronicsCastle.com which has a 10 out of 10 rating at ReSellerRatings http://www.electronicscastle.com/n600-dual-band-adsl-gateway-p-78055.html Through Google Shopping there are a few you can find such as Bottom Line Telecommunications which lists as being the cheapest. (free shipping & no tax) Plus they have a 10 out of 10 rating at ResellerRatings http://www.shopblt.com/cgi-bin/shop/shop.cgi?action=thispage&thispage=01200U02U0422_BKF1090P.shtml&o... Staples.com currently has an every day price $169.99 for Item 927670 Model: DGND3700-100NAS. Item qualifies for free delivery Item qualifies for free delivery to a store near you. (Learn more) Expected Delivery 1 Business Day Delivery Only Even Amazon has the correct product, but it takes using the correct search terms to find it because NetGear products are not listed according to Model numbers. Instead many places list them according to N300, N600, N750 or what ever the NetGear marketing department has come up with for advertising purposes. Here is the correct Amazon link. http://www.amazon.com/Netgear-Wireless-Gigabit-Router-DGND3700/dp/tech-data/B005276QSQ
Message 4 of 18
Ryster
Tutor

theTechman05 wrote:
I'm waiting for this router to come out since apparently Amazon just put it up last week and it says 1-3 month to deliver even though I saw a forum post that seems to insinuate its out in UK. Should I take this oops on a public site that this routers not expected out till September?:confused:

Bing which seemed to be the second area to even list it and even it still shows the wndr3700, so something funky.

Is it out or is it still in the its coming phase:eek:

I'm in the UK, and have been running the DGND3700 for over a week now.

http://www.broadbandbuyer.co.uk/Shop/ShopDetail.asp?ProductID=10546
Message 5 of 18
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Good place to get one in the UK is here:
http://www.ebuyer.com/product/262787

I'm very tempted to get one now - but the issues in the forum are putting me off.
Or are we just seeing the worst responses and its actually a decent bit of kit?
Message 6 of 18
theTechman05
Aspirant

I didn't need for the UK. I'm just noting that the UK looks to have had this item in online stores at the front of April (as did posts note) . I'm in the grump that news posts have been out for this item since January saying the item was out.:confused:

I'm just ATM looking for U.S version reviews. All the reviews in Bing were for the wrong model and Amazon, well I wont see for a while with long delivery estimates.

Staples is probably where I'm going to get this item, its just the lag of availability of this item (most say call for availability) and current users reviews since its so new(netgear channel on youtube.com hasn't reviewed this item yet only the 3300 popped up on search:( ).
Message 7 of 18
columt
Aspirant

Hey Floob, I have mine about 3 weeks now and overall I'm pretty impressed. It's stable, fast, and easy to live with. As early adopters we can expect a few glitches - e.g. I'm having issues with DLNA indexing, but disabling automatic indexing has helped. I expect a firmware update in the coming weeks will sort out many of the issues being reported here. This router is streets ahead of the old 3com one it replaces, and has eliminated all the issues I was having with that. Columt
Message 8 of 18
Ryster
Tutor

Floob wrote:

I'm very tempted to get one now - but the issues in the forum are putting me off.

I think the kit itself is very decent (apart from it feeling a little flimsy). What lets it down at the moment is shoddy firmware. That'll be resolved over time though. Just waiting for a the first firmware update now. 1.0.0.12 is the current version, and a lot of us are eagerly awaiting 1.0.0.13 to fix a few issues.
Message 9 of 18
cpmckenzie
Aspirant

I bought a DGND3700 on Monday and as of Tuesday it is going back in its box until the new firmware comes.

1) It cannot hold a connection to plusnet for more than 5 minutes
2) If you change the IP address from 192.168.0.1 then the port forwarding does not work.
3) The wireless is erratic to say the least. 2.4GHz was odd. 5Ghz was more stable but limited range (10 metres) or so.
4) The ready share (which I really bought it for) is quite slow and useless over wireless as the connection keeps dropping. What is the point of a Gigabit network if you can only save a file at 6MBs.

Hmm. Expectations not managed really but I have stuck with Netgear and know that bad initial firmware is par for the course. Who remembers the old DG that could not connect to google!

Come on guys and gals at Netgear. A bit of internal testing could help instead of relying on "active user testing".. lol
Message 10 of 18
Retired_Member
Not applicable

hmm - would love to get one of these but initial firmware reactions is putting me off.

I wont be using the DLNA as I have a NAS, but would like solid connection with a new router.
Message 11 of 18
theTechman05
Aspirant

I check back recently and noticed they still haven't changed the firmware date on the support page. I'm still wish I could see an expectation[milestone] page ( the page that says when netgear [routers] sets times to release stuff) like eclipse does[or did](a coder program). Virtualbox I can watch till the cows come home them since their changes are online (Netgear could be too but I'm not sure where)

readynas's forum seems to have alot of chatter on whats coming up for their devices before there officially out of beta [at least thats how I take it] (I've only visibly seen one moderator so it may be different on other hardware tabs and development groups)
Message 12 of 18
theTechman05
Aspirant

So outside the realm of netgear's forums reviews have come in, unfortunately conflicting. On staples website someones extreamly happy with this router, on amazon somone bought from staples and wrote a 1 star review. I've never had so much trouble finding reviews for this item. At least 2 out of three here seemed disgruntled with this router so is that a good sign to go with the 3500 which is only 30 dollars cheaper?
Message 13 of 18
Ret_MSgt
Aspirant

I purchase from Staples and so far I am very happy. I was using a DGND330. My ISP is Verizon and I have not seen any problems yet??? I will continue to post here if I run into any problems. The only 2 small gotcha's is that the web interface does not like firefox and there is still no way to create lags. And for anyone that needs to transfer setting be prepared to input all the information into the new router. There is not an easy way of transferring your settings.
Message 14 of 18
theTechman05
Aspirant

There was ways on the 3300 to make logs or at least read the info . You could both email them to yourself or use an stmp (Syslog) program to read the log as its printed . The computer you set it up with has to be online if you want to get messages across your network to a certain ip address.
Message 15 of 18
Steve_Goodey
Aspirant

Floob wrote:

I suspect that if your ADSL link is solid it should be OK, but if the link dies the 3700 is unable to recover, so a reboot/reset will be needed.

Steve.
Message 16 of 18
ProjectVRD
Aspirant

Oh this is priceless, sorry to bump an old thread here folks but this one deserves a Darwin Award! The thread was created because a time stamp on the article which catalogued the firmware that we are all using. The firmware is dated 9/3/2011. However, if you look at the time of this thread it is dated June 2011. Now the priceless part if the document is entirely correct, the firmware was live as of 9/3/2011. Which according to 97% of the world is 9th March 2011. Just another one of those great things the British gave the world, a calender format that works in the same way you would say it in a spoken conversation... the day of the month of the year. Now I hope the original poster is still around in these parts, because these threads need a little friendly banter and I am sure the moderators would welcome such a thing. There is nothing friendly than a happy laughing community. OP, you and America failed on this one. Viva La Britain! lol 😛
Message 17 of 18
theTechman05
Aspirant

ProjectVRD wrote:

OP, you and America failed on this one. Viva La Britain! lol 😛

Really only the person who posted the patch since he used bad writing skills as you yourself have fallen prey to bad English as well thinking that this is proper for a British person to write a date in the first place.

I direct you to this site as my final redirect on this matter.

http://goodessays.blogspot.com/2007/01/correct-date-format-in-essay-writing.html:rolleyes:
Message 18 of 18
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 17 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 10 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7