Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

N600 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit ADSL2+Modem Router DGND3700v2 cannot upgrade firmware

PANCHI
Aspirant

N600 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit ADSL2+Modem Router DGND3700v2 cannot upgrade firmware

Hi, I'm trying to update the firmware for my Netgear router, but I cannot seem to access the admin login page. The wifi goes on and off, sometimes it goes down completely. any suggestions?

Message 1 of 5

Re: N600 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit ADSL2+Modem Router DGND3700v2 cannot upgrade firmware

@PANCHI wrote:

Hi, I'm trying to update the firmware for my Netgear router, but I cannot seem to access the admin login page.

How are you going about it?

I ask because talk of WiFi is confusing. It is generally reckoned to be a bad idea to play with firmware over WiFi.

You should use a wired LAN connection to the device.

This is the  most reliable away to go about it:

How do I manually upgrade firmware to my NETGEAR router? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

The right section for help with this decade old modem router might be here:

DSL Modems & Routers

Message 2 of 5
PANCHI
Aspirant

Re: N600 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit ADSL2+Modem Router DGND3700v2 cannot upgrade firmware

thank you for replying... yes I've tried with direct connection to the modem, but there is no way to open the router login with the admin/password given. I also downloaded the app, but the router is not supported. As you say, this is a decade old router, perhaps it's time to replace... but it bothers me not to be able to log in to the router.

Message 3 of 5
Lynne78
Aspirant

If you're having trouble upgrading the firmware on your N600 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit ADSL2+Modem Router DGND3700v2, there are a few things you can try:

1. Ensure that you have downloaded the correct firmware for your specific model and hardware version.

2. Make sure that your router is properly connected to your computer via Ethernet cable, and that your computer has a strong and stable internet connection.

3. Disable any security software or firewalls that may be blocking the firmware update process.

4. Try resetting your router to its default settings and then attempt the firmware upgrade again.

5. If none of the above steps work, contact the manufacturer's support team for further assistance. They may be able to provide additional troubleshooting steps or send a replacement unit if necessary.

Message 4 of 5
PANCHI
Aspirant

Thanks, I will keep trying... but not able to log in to the router, so can't upgrade the firmware. Probably will do a re-set and see.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7