Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NBN ready Modem Routers

grahamtruran
Aspirant

NBN ready Modem Routers

I have just converted to NBN and looking to replace the router provided by my service provider.

Previously using Netgear D6200 would like to stay with Netgear but cannot find any routers marked as NBN ready

Message 1 of 4

Re: NBN ready Modem Routers

I assume that you want a modem router rather than just a router.

The D6200 is NBN ready for some sorts of NBN:

What is an NBN network and is my NETGEAR DSL modem router compatible? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Did you search this forum for D6200 and NBN? This one has come up several times already.

Search results

Message 2 of 4
grahamtruran
Aspirant

Thank you.  We have gone with Fixed Wireless supplid by TPG. We are based on Rushworth, a small country town in central Victoria.

My goal would be to buy the best and easiest Netgear modem that will install automotically.  We are a bunch of volunteers running a Neighbourhood huse for the local community, none with IT skills.

We wish to offer Free Wifi for visitors to our town - we like the controls that Genie provide us - hence we wish to stay with Netgear

TPG have supplied us with a TP-Link modem router which installed easily but lacks the parental controls offered by Netgear

Message 3 of 4

@grahamtruran wrote:
TPG have supplied us with a TP-Link modem router which installed easily but lacks the parental controls offered by Netgear

You could use the TP-Link modem router as a front end for a Netgear router.

Many modem/routers let you put them into modem only (bridge) mode so that you can hand over the bigger controls to the router.

You'd have to check the manual for the TP-Link modem router to see what you can do with it.

The good news is that you should be able to get a router with as many bells and whistles as you like and can afford.

The various genies can also manage a router.

Sounds like a nice project. Let us know how you get on.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7