Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NETGEAR USB Control Center utility

Ben45734xvb
Follower

NETGEAR USB Control Center utility

OK give in, where exactly is the link on this page http://www.netgear.com/readyshare
to download the NETGEAR USB Control Center utility ?? :rolleyes:

Message 1 of 15
Babylon5
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: NETGEAR USB Control Center utility

If you mean the ReadyShare Printer Utility then go to the ‘Downloads’ button at the top of this page, enter your router model number e.g. WNDR3700v2, and the utility should be listed.
Message 2 of 15
chasca
Initiate

Andy (working on behalf of Netgear),

1.- All the documentation, including that in the readyshare web page, refers to NETGEAR USB Control utility that is nowhere to be found.

2.- In the downloads center after searching for the appropriated router (in my case AC1450) there is no ReadyShare utility listed. Only the Vault software utility and different firmware versions

3.- How come something some important and simple is so difficult to find?
Message 3 of 15
Fairytail
Virtuoso

You can download the readyshare utility on R7000 page.
Message 4 of 15
ReederR
Novice

Netgear's documentation and web pages are very inconsistent referring to the usb printer/vault/data/etc. sharing utility(s). We need a clean map.
Message 5 of 15
benwade
Initiate

Forget that, they need to improve their text search!

Hey guys! There this company -used to be called Google -it allows you to search websites. Try using it instead of whatever poor excuse for a search engine you're using now.

Message 6 of 15
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Benwade

Sorry you are having issues with the search. If you are having issues with a product or with finding a certain thing let me know I am willing to help with the issue that you are having. Hope to hear your feedback.

DarrenM

Message 7 of 15
benwade
Initiate

My only problem with the search is that it doesn't work. Your company should move to Google Custom search or whatever the Bing! equivalent is.

Message 8 of 15
juanortizrivera
Aspirant

Not sure if anyone caught this but the directions are in the manual of the router, well at least for mine AC1900 Nighthawk.   Starting at the bottom of page 109 PDF.

You must install the ReadySHARE Printer utility on each computer that will share the printer. After you install it, the utility displays as NETGEAR USB Control Center on your computer.

To install the utility:

1. If necessary, unzip the ReadySHARE Printer utility setup file.

2. Double-click the ReadySHARE Printer utility setup file that you downloaded.

3. Follow the wizard instructions to install NETGEAR USB Control Center

Message 9 of 15
FarmerRob
Initiate

So what does one do when this utility stops working?  It fails to create the virtual usb port and therefore the printer is now unavailable to my Windows 7 computer.  Have tried uninstalling and reinstalling but he Control Center window comes up blank.  No Readyshare printer or attached hard drive.  I can still access the hard drive via a mapped drive to the ip address 192.168.1.1, but can not print.  Again, blank window when starting USB Control Center and no USB port with attached printer anywhere to be found.

Any suggestions?

Message 10 of 15
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello FarmerRob

Have you tried uninstalling the printer drivers from the pc and then reinstalling them then boot up the usb control center and scan again for the printer.

DarrenM

Message 11 of 15
jerryn
Tutor

The problem is the software is buggy as hell.  It fails to create the proper directory under user/username etc  with the vague and useless msg "network resource is unavailable". Except it is NOT a network resource, it is a directory on my c: drive and certainly is "available".  Then I try to dload the zip file and the zip is either corrupted or something because the dload fails and a millisec later dos (???) window opens that says "command failed". Again, a generally useless msg for problem solving purposes.  My experience with this software is after many hours of problem solving I will get the networked printer to work after numerous software/driver/printer installs/uninstalls. It will then work for 1-3 months and then readyshare starts emitting a beep like it is trying to connect to the printer and can't. That's when I know the whole circus is about to start all over again. Rediculous.  

Message 12 of 15
jerryn
Tutor

OK here is my advice on this - at least this worked for me when print sharing not working

1. remove printer in windows

2. find a readyshare exe that actually works and when asked to repair or remove - remove it.

3. reboot

4. reinstall exe above from scratch

5. run netgear usb abd see if  your printer shows "available"

6. If so, rejoice, you are among the chosen.

7. Add printer back in windows. Make sure sharing etc is enabled.

8. reboot again to clear out the cobwebs.

9. hope it works for you (till next time it fails)

Message 13 of 15
beaksnot
Aspirant

@Ben45734xvb wrote:

OK give in, where exactly is the link on this page http://www.netgear.com/readyshare
to download the NETGEAR USB Control Center utility ?? :rolleyes:

Here is a link to the USB Control Center Utility, which Netgear has removed from the WNDR4500v3 downloads page...

This works (sort of) in Yosemite.  MIght have to re-initialize your printer after installing.

http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/R6300/NETGEAR_USB_Control_Center_Installer_V2.22.zip

Message 14 of 15
pheobe
Guide

I am having the same issues and i found a way arouind it, If you exit the usb control centre (by right clicking on it and then exit) then go to the folder that contains the executable file and run it then it fires up again and i can print but it's a one off affair that means everytime i want to print something i have to go tthrough the whol process again. Am still trying to find a permanent fix.

Cheers

Message 15 of 15
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 14 replies
  • 14 kudos
  • 12 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7