Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Netgear D7000v2 severe firmware bugs

SimonFx
Aspirant

Netgear D7000v2 severe firmware bugs

I would highly recommend people stay clear of the D7000v2 until the firmware bugs have been resolved.

Starting with V1.0.0.44_1.0.1, can't install latest firmware, reboots - same firmware still installed

Advanced > Setup > LAN Setup
Address Reservation always reports failure "The IP address should be within the DHCP range." for every address
Alter the range of the DHCP IP address and the router has to reboot. Alterations will have disappeared.

Advanced > Advanced Setup > Port Forwarding / Port Triggering
After entering details for a custom service, clicking apply will not save the custom service.
After selecting an existing "Service Name", completing the Server IP Address, clicking +Add simply clears the page.

Model: D7000|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 4

@SimonFx wrote:

I would highly recommend people stay clear of the D7000v2 until the firmware bugs have been resolved.

Starting with V1.0.0.44_1.0.1, can't install latest firmware, reboots - same firmware still installed

D7000v2 firmware update v1.0.0.45 will NOT install - NETGEAR Communities

Message 2 of 4
P6391D
Aspirant

Have the same issue firmware   

1.0.0.45_1.0.1

will not install on the router. Have done all the right stuff - ethernet cable, reset etc but when the router eventually reboots Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz then it stays on the 1.0.0.44_1.0.1 version number. When this router works it is quick (although WiFi broadcast is not much better than my old router).

Seems very buggy and flakey. 

In the admin panel keeps saying a new firmware version is available.

Should I persist with this or just return it and get my money back. Poor show Netgear.!!

Message 3 of 4

Follow the link in the message before yours and all will be revealed.

Better still, just click this link:

D7000v2 firmware update v1.0.0.45 will NOT install - NETGEAR Communities

Then read that conversation.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7