Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear DGN2200v4 does not reconnect back to internet if for some reason goes down

puneethcv
Aspirant

Netgear DGN2200v4 does not reconnect back to internet if for some reason goes down

My connection setting is "always on", but for some reason if internet gets disconnected, only way to get back internet connection is reboot, even clicking "connect" on connection status page does not work. Is there any work arrond for this? Looks like this is a very known red light issue.

I have one more netgear device DG834gv5, in which I do not see this issue.

Model: DGN2200v4|N300 Wireless ADSL2+ Modem Router
Message 1 of 5
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Netgear DGN2200v4 does not reconnect back to internet if for some reason goes down

Hello puneethcv

I would make sure you are on the latest firmware and you may want to even try and factory reset the device and re setup everything.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 5
puneethcv
Aspirant

Re: Netgear DGN2200v4 does not reconnect back to internet if for some reason goes down

Thanks a lot for the reply. I have the latest firmware, have done reset, reflash, reconfig and everything, nothing seems to work, but works fine on the other netgear device 😞

Message 3 of 5
w3wilkes
Prodigy

Not that it's any help, but I've heard of this problem on other Netgear DSL  modem/router devices also. It could possibly be a flaky line or maybe the firmware for the DSL chip from the chip vendor. I don't think Netgear does the DSL chip or has access to its code.

Message 4 of 5
puneethcv
Aspirant

It works fine with DG834gv5 so its not problem with the line. Even if its porblem with chip vender SDK, they should either get patch from them or if they have access to SDK they can fix it. Now I regret my decision of buying Netgear products.

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series