Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear dgn2200 cannot upgrade firmware

nortex
Aspirant

Netgear dgn2200 cannot upgrade firmware

Hi all,

I have a NGN2200 router with a non standard version of "bezeq" provider company which is old an lack the feature of using the router as wireless repeater that i need.

While trying to update firmware by choosing the .chk file downloaded from the Netgear website i get an error message telling that: "upgrade failed, check your file"

Is there any way to install the standard netgear firmware on my router?

Model: DGN2200v4|N300 Wireless ADSL2+ Modem Router
Message 1 of 4

Re: Netgear dgn2200 cannot upgrade firmware

@nortex wrote:

I have a [D]GN2200 router with a non standard version of "bezeq" provider company

What does that mean? Your ISP provided its own flavour of the DGN2200v4?

If so, then any updates will come from them. Have you asked for it?

Netgear supplies new firmware for its own kit. What other people do with it is up to them.

Message 2 of 4
nortex
Aspirant

I am not using that ISP anymore, I want to use the standard firmware from netgear website, i do not want to use any custom firmware.

Message 3 of 4

@nortex wrote:

I am not using that ISP anymore

That does not matter. Your ISP commissioned Netgear to make modems for its customers. In the process, Netgear wrote firmware that met the ISP's specifications. It is then down to the ISP to supply you with firmware updates.

I assume that you have been through the process that tells the modem to find new firmware for itself. (See page 73 of the manual.)

You might want to reset the modem to factory settings before you do any of this.

If your modem rejects the firmware from the Netgear site – make sure that you download the firmware for the correct model –  there is not much that you can do about it beyond entering the world of "third party" firmware.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7