Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: New firmware with built in Torrent Client

marco_182
Aspirant

w3wilkes wrote:
Doesn't the /transmissionbt folder have to be directly under the /media folder?

It's the folder for the mount, the root folder is /media/xxx where in my case "xxx" is one of the four partitions.

/media # ls -als
0 drwxrwxrwt 6 root root 120 Jan 5 17:31 .
0 drwxrwxrwx 16 root root 185 Oct 26 19:20 ..
4 drwxrwxrwx 11 root root 4096 Jan 8 19:02 BACKUP
4 drwxrwxrwx 10 root root 4096 Jan 9 16:49 DATI
4 drwxrwxrwx 14 root root 4096 Jan 6 15:53 DCIM
4 drwxrwxrwx 4 root root 4096 Jan 5 21:26 TRANSMISSION

Each folder is a partition, and these are my mount

~ # mount
rootfs on / type rootfs (rw)
/dev/root on / type squashfs (ro)
proc on /proc type proc (rw)
sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw)
tmpfs on /tmp type tmpfs (rw)
tmpfs on /media type tmpfs (rw)
tmpfs on /dev type tmpfs (rw)
none on /proc/bus/usb type usbfs (rw)
/dev/mtdblock18 on /tmp/mnt/storage type jffs2 (rw)
/dev/sda1 on /media/DATI type ext3 (rw,noatime,data=ordered)
/dev/sda4 on /media/DCIM type ext3 (rw,noatime,data=ordered)
/dev/sda2 on /media/BACKUP type ext3 (rw,noatime,data=ordered)
/dev/sda3 on /media/TRANSMISSION type ext3 (rw,noatime,data=ordered)
rpc_pipfs on /tmp/var/lib/nfs/rpc_pipefs type rpc_pipefs (rw)
nfsd on /proc/fs/nfsd type nfsd (rw)

And transmissionbt is here:

/media/TRANSMISSION/transmissionbt

"TRANSMISSION" is the label of the partition, "transmissionbt" is the folder for the service.
Message 601 of 1,478
richud
Apprentice

@marco the errors for Automatic missing files is just because you aren't using it and I didn't have a check to see if the files exist first before trying to process them, but that won't effect anything rather than giving that error [i'll fix it in next release anyway]. The only code path to get the missing folder is if the result of 'find /media -maxdepth 2 -follow -type d -iname "transmissionbt" being empty....so I am rather stumped. The only thing I can think of is your browser caching the old page, although that seems unlikely. Can you run '/etc/torrent.sh' then 'cat /www/torrent.htm' and see if it really is saying the folder is missing still ? cheers.
Message 602 of 1,478
marco_182
Aspirant

richud wrote:

The only code path to get the missing folder is if the result of 'find /media -maxdepth 2 -follow -type d -iname "transmissionbt" being empty....so I am rather stumped. The only thing I can think of is your browser caching the old page, although that seems unlikely.
Can you run '/etc/torrent.sh' then 'cat /www/torrent.htm' and see if it really is saying the folder is missing still ?
cheers.

That was the problem 😄
By opening the netgear web interface from my desktop I can now see the page correctly.

P.s.: cat command gives me the correct page

I fell a bit idiot by not try to update the page with ctrl+F5, and this is
something i use everyday..
Thank you Richud for the tip 🙂
Message 603 of 1,478
jackal992
Aspirant

Hi richud!

Unbelievable... I forgot to activate Dynamic DNS under network services... 😄
Now everything works!
Thank you very much!
Message 604 of 1,478
pauln241
Aspirant

Hi, has anyone got the DGND3700 v1 to work with sky fibre yet? If not does anyone know of any firmware or settings that will work? the modem/router that comes with Sky fibre is not good & I miss my dual band Wi-Fi. I thought this was working & just got a DGND3700 v1 of ebay, now after reading a few posts, it looks like the only VDSL service this does not work on is Sky. 😞 thanks for any help on this.
Message 605 of 1,478
Malpd
Aspirant

a provisional fix is to use the sky modem/router only to connect (like it was a modem only) then bridge it to the dgnd3700 (wan port) and use its wifi (like it was a router only)
Message 606 of 1,478
richud
Apprentice

@pauln, my current testing firmware I gave you link to - it works for me on TT fiber which like Sky uses IPoA. the only difference is TT uses a VLAN ID tag whereas Sky uses DHCP option 61 containing your username/password. I have updated the wiki with a bit more detail under VDSL section for the settings. You will need to find out your login/pass, lots of stuff if you google how to do that. If you use tcpdump/wireshark to capture the details from your existing router, please save them as they will be invaluable trying to get it working. (to compare too) p.s. it may all sound rather daunting, but it is isn't when you have got into it 🙂
Message 607 of 1,478
burt35
Aspirant

hi richud just recently been watching forum again and still have netgear setup with settings you sent me, would it be possible for me to try your new test firmware see if i can get sky fibre up and running. cheers mate.
Message 608 of 1,478
richud
Apprentice

@ burt, sure, https://mega.co.nz/#!gJ5TAbSK!W0Zxt4U8a9rxtQw36eZVgxXSUlLJCwiLMGjAJtSRYOA you can use tcpdump like this to see whats going on tcpdump -vv -i atm0 port 67 or port 68
Message 609 of 1,478
burt35
Aspirant

cheers richud tried new firmware still one green one red light, might have to go through settings again to make sure ive done it correctly.
Message 610 of 1,478
pauln241
Aspirant

Thanks Richud for your help. I already have my Pass/Login, I use to use my own router, before I want fibre. That's why I hate the Sky fibre router so much. I am just waiting for the router to get here. As soon as it does, the firmware will go on & I will have a play. 🙂
Message 611 of 1,478
burt35
Aspirant

Hi richud tried new firmware with all your settings in wiki, still no success im afraid tried both option 61 on own and then both 60 and 61. no luck. cheers mate.
Message 612 of 1,478
teros
Aspirant

Hi all just thought i'd ask the question before i sign up to a service for OpenVPN proxy.

Is it possible to use the OpenVPN server component to connect to a VPN and route traffic through the OpenVPN client for bit torrent traffic?

Thinking of this as an easy way to get around upcoming monitoring in AUS
Message 613 of 1,478
teros
Aspirant

Hey guys thought i would check before i sign up to a VPN service. With the openVPN module am i able to use this in client mode?

Thinking this would allow me possibly to tunnel all bit torrent traffic trough the proxy and bypass any issues with monitoring of downloads etc
Message 614 of 1,478
pauln241
Aspirant

Hi Richud, I tried the firmware with no luck, I think I am not doing something correct. I could not find the setting for (MER, w/Client-ID) and I don't think I was putting my sky info in correct. Please could I have a step by step on what settings I need to change and if my sky info was "User: 0012B4567894@skydsl Pass: 123CF67893" how would I enter this? thanks for your help.
Message 615 of 1,478
richud
Apprentice

@burt: can you try setting the VLAN to 101 ?
Message 616 of 1,478
burt35
Aspirant

BRILLIANT were up and running i ticked the box next to vlan which is set to 101, fantastic. thanks richud.:):):):)
Message 617 of 1,478
richud
Apprentice

@burt: awesome 🙂
@teros: openVPN should do client and server, I don't have a VPN service to test with & it isn't something I know much about. If you do try is and get it working please post/email me and I can add it to the docs for everyone.
Message 618 of 1,478
pauln241
Aspirant

Hi burt35, I am trying to get my router to work with Sky, could you let me know what settings you used & where they are in the menu? Thank you for any help with this.
Message 619 of 1,478
burt35
Aspirant

pauln241

basic settings tab:- does your internet connection require login click no.

DHCP Client Extra Options:- you need your user name converted to hex in this box {option 61} should start with -x 0x3d when converted.

adsl settings tab:-

Multiplexing Method = llc based
VPI = 0
VCI = 38
DSL Mode = AUTO
Transfer Mode = PTM

NETWORK SETTINGS TAB:-

Wan vlan id = 101 plus tick enabled.

Hope this helps i think ive covered everything maybe richud could chime in if ive missed anything. most of this is covered in richuds wiki. cheers.
Message 620 of 1,478
pdneri
Follower

Hi Richud,

I upgraded with last firmware and decided to Revert to factory default settings.
I am trying to reinsert the cron command to switch wifi on/off.
I used different ways, but after reboot crontab -l shows nothing.
ps shows crond running.
I didn't wait to check if something happen at scheduled time because I am expecting to see something in the crontab after reboot anyway.

Method 1:
Inserted the following in the Crontab GUI mask:
15 7,23 * * * [[ $(date +\%H) -eq 23 ]] && r=off || r=on;wl -i wl0 radio $r;wl -i wl1 radio $r
The APPLY button seems doing nothing.
crontab -l is empty, also after a reboot
Tried other syntaxes:
(15 7,23 * * * [[ $(date +\%H) -eq 23 ]] && r=off || r=on;wl -i wl0 radio $r;wl -i wl1 radio $r)
15 7,23 * * * /[[ $(date +\%H) -eq 23 ]] && r=off || r=on;wl -i wl0 radio $r;wl -i wl1 radio $r
(15 7,23 * * * /[[ $(date +\%H) -eq 23 ]] && r=off || r=on;wl -i wl0 radio $r;wl -i wl1 radio $r)
... which is the right one?

Method 2:
Your old instructions (pag 24):
param set cron_value='15 7,23 * * * [[ $(date +\%H) -eq 23 ]] && r=off || r=on;wl -i wl0 radio $r;wl -i wl1 radio $r'
param save
reboot

crontab -l is empty after reboot
It is also empty before rebooting

Method 3:
crontab -e
input and save: 15 7,23 * * * [[ $(date +\%H) -eq 23 ]] && r=off || r=on;wl -i wl0 radio $r;wl -i wl1 radio $r
crontab -l shows the line
param save
reboot
crontab -l
is empty after reboot

By the way, I found in your blog the following lines:

30 2 * * * param set wla_wlanstate=Disable;param set wlg_wlanstate=Disable;pkill -SIGUSR1 wlanconfigd

30 8 * * * param set wla_wlanstate=Enable;param set wlg_wlanstate=Enable;pkill -SIGUSR1 wlanconfigd

Are them better then your "old" ones?

Many thanks as usual!!!
pdneri
Message 621 of 1,478
pauln241
Aspirant

Hi burt35, now working with Sky Fibre. thanks for the help.
Did you see a slight drop in speed on VDSL with Netgear router?
Message 622 of 1,478
richud
Apprentice

@pdneri crond works fine, just (re)tested it , wireless off for two minutes as per below. The latest/correct info should always be on main wiki page. DGND3700_V1_Transmission_Firmware#Cron
~ # crontab -l */10 * * * * date > "/tmp/date" 15 19 * * * param set wla_wlanstate=Disable;param set wlg_wlanstate=Disable;pkill -SIGUSR1 wlanconfigd 17 19 * * * param set wla_wlanstate=Enable;param set wlg_wlanstate=Enable;pkill -SIGUSR1 wlanconfigd
Jan 24 19:15:00 (none) cron.info crond[3431]: USER root pid 3444 cmd param set wla_wlanstate=Disable;param set wlg_wlanstate=Disable;pkill -SIGUSR1 wlanconfigd Jan 24 19:15:01 (none) user.info kernel: br0: port 5(wl0) entering disabled state Jan 24 19:15:02 (none) user.info kernel: br0: port 6(wl1) entering disabled state Jan 24 19:17:00 (none) cron.info crond[3431]: USER root pid 3589 cmd param set wla_wlanstate=Enable;param set wlg_wlanstate=Enable;pkill -SIGUSR1 wlanconfigd
Message 623 of 1,478
burt35
Aspirant

Pauln241

No the speed remains the same as the sky router, glad its working richud really is a genius at this. Cheers.
Message 624 of 1,478
pdneri
Follower

@Richud

I agree crond is working. I'll try to explain my notes in a different way.

1) after reboot, crontab looses its values (crontab -l shows nothing, so I guess it does nothing), whatever is the input mode I used and even if I run a param save before rebooting.

2) Syntax for Cron Scheduler Gui is not clear to me and after applying, it would be useful to see "something", for example the crontab -l output.

Hope is better! 🙂
Thanks
pdneri
Message 625 of 1,478
Top Contributors
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7