Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: New firmware with built in Torrent Client

whskerp
Aspirant

teros wrote:
Any chance when you do the configure on openvpn you can enable the passing of user/pass via a txt file?

Any chance that AJAX would have a page for iptables or something to configure openvpn by port so all bt traffic through vpn etc?

The router dows not use iptables - it has some proprietary Netgear stuff AFAIK.

Peter
Message 676 of 1,478
richud
Apprentice

@teros: as whskerp says, there is no iptables, all propriety. It is controllable (to an extent) depending on what you are trying to do.

If you start openVPN from the command line with your conf, omitting the password bit, doesn't it prompt for it?

--auth-user-pass [up]
Authenticate with server using username/password. up is a file containing username/password on 2 lines (Note: OpenVPN will only read passwords from a file if it has been built with the --enable-password-save configure option, or on Windows by defining ENABLE_PASSWORD_SAVE in config-win32.h).
If up is omitted, username/password will be prompted from the console.

The server configuration must specify an --auth-user-pass-verify script to verify the username/password provided by the client.

Afraid not at home to look at if it was built with that option enabled, presumably if it works via prompting then not.
Message 677 of 1,478
teros
Aspirant

Hey unfortunately it does not prompt for user/pass, The error i am getting is that openvpn wasn't configured to accept user/pass.

I am thinking the openvpn basically if all network traffic for bittorrent could be forwarded via the VPN and then use DNS for everything else.My setup is basically smart DNS for DNS and then use OpenVPN to tunnel all BT traffic through the VPN.
Message 678 of 1,478
richud
Apprentice

just another quick update, everything going well, few minor issues as expected along the way! (like getting stunnel to compile [for google secure dynamic dns support]
I was hoping to put out a beta last w/e but decided I wanted it to be further along, below is a bit of a taster, everything will have almost complete configurable options available on the web pages. Unfortunately this takes a long time.

R
Message 679 of 1,478
richud
Apprentice

seems imagebin doesn't like cross site links, hope one of these work!

http://imagebin.ca/v/1ynVuNArNk5X

Message 680 of 1,478
teros
Aspirant

Nice!!! Looking forward to playing around with openvon in client mode 🙂

richud wrote:
seems imagebin doesn't like cross site links, hope one of these work!

Message 681 of 1,478
coolwaterblue
Aspirant

Hi all,

New to the forum and to Richud's brilliant firmware.

I've recently set up DDNS, SSH & WOL but am struggling to send a command via SSH / Telnet to send a WOL packet.

WOL is working fine once I'm on my LAN via the router's WOL option, just looking to do this via SSL / Telnet using the current firmware.

Does anyone know how to do this? Looked in the command list for BusyBox once successfully logged into the router but the commands don't seem to be there for this. I tried opening a Telnet session which showed as Dropbear 2.0 but couldn't work out how to do anything 😞

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks 🙂
Message 682 of 1,478
nl06132
Aspirant

Hi Richud,

any idea when you will release your new version of the firmware?

thx
Message 683 of 1,478
jackal992
Aspirant

Hi Richud!
Compliments for your work! You're extending the life of our ruoters from the point of view of usability and functionalities! And what a GUI you're implementing!! 😄

I was wondering whether there is a way to add more than 20 services in the "port forwarding" section. Would it be possible?

Thank you very much!
Bye!
Message 684 of 1,478
adzify106
Guide

This firmware is amazing so firstly thanks richud for your work!

Secondly I am new to VPN's - I have just signed up with PIA. Essentially I want my router to do the legwork as an Endpoint (I think that's the correct terminology) so that all my current mobile devices/laptops/NAS/microserver's/guests devices etc are protected when accessing the internet from my network/router rather than installing clients on each device.

I have upgraded to the latest firmware.
I have enabled OpenVPN on my DGND3700 but not too sure where to go from here. There are several configurations for setting up the VPN provided by PIA here: https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/pages/client-support/

However I have found no way to get any of the settings/configurations to work. If someone could cast their eye over the link and see if it is actually possible to get this working I would be very appreciative. If someone could give me a guide on how to set it up successfully even if it's step-by-step I would be even more grateful. I have SSH/SFTP setup so I can run commands etc and copy/paste certificates/keys etc.

Thanks in advance..
Message 685 of 1,478
marco_182
Aspirant

I can't figured out why it's continuously trying to register ppp0.
The internet connection is ok.
This messages keep coming in the syslog

May 4 19:30:57 (none) user.err kernel: PPP: couldn't register device ppp0 (-17)
May 4 20:30:57 (none) daemon.crit pppd[836]: PPP session established.
May 4 20:30:57 (none) daemon.crit pppd[836]: PPP server detected.
May 4 20:30:56 (none) daemon.notice pppd[836]: PPP: Start to connect ...

May 4 19:30:02 (none) user.err kernel: PPP: couldn't register device ppp0 (-17)
May 4 20:30:02 (none) daemon.crit pppd[836]: PPP session established.
May 4 20:30:02 (none) daemon.crit pppd[836]: PPP server detected.
May 4 20:30:01 (none) daemon.notice pppd[836]: PPP: Start to connect ...
May 4 19:29:58 (none) user.err kernel: PPP: couldn't register device ppp0 (-17)
May 4 20:29:58 (none) daemon.crit pppd[836]: PPP session established.
May 4 20:29:58 (none) daemon.crit pppd[836]: PPP server detected.
May 4 20:29:57 (none) daemon.notice pppd[836]: PPP: Start to connect ...
Feb 8 00:02:20 (none) user.notice wan-up.sh: WAN up event End
Feb 8 00:02:18 (none) user.err kernel: PPP: couldn't register device ppp0 (-17)
Feb 8 00:02:18 (none) daemon.crit pppd[836]: PPP session established.
Feb 8 00:02:18 (none) daemon.crit pppd[836]: PPP server detected.
Feb 8 00:02:17 (none) daemon.notice pppd[836]: PPP: Start to connect ...
Feb 8 00:02:16 (none) user.warn INADYN[935]: Sun Feb 8 00:02:16 2015: W:INADYN: XXXXXX Server response: HTTP/1.1 200 OK^M Date: Mon, 04 May 2015 19:29:52 GMT^M Server: Apache^M X-User-Status: free^M Content-Type: text/plain^M Accept-Ranges: none^M Connection: close^M ^M goo
Feb 8 00:02:16 (none) user.warn INADYN[935]: Sun Feb 8 00:02:16 2015: W:INADYN: Alias 'XXXXXXXX.XXXXXX.com' to IP 'xx.xx.xxx.xxx' updated successfully.
Feb 8 00:02:15 (none) user.warn INADYN[935]: Sun Feb 8 00:02:15 2015: W:INADYN: IP address for alias 'XXXXXXXX.XXXXXX.com:auto' needs update to 'xx.xx.xxx.xxx'...
Feb 8 00:02:14 (none) user.err kernel: PPP: couldn't register device ppp0 (-17)
Feb 8 00:02:14 (none) daemon.crit pppd[836]: PPP session established.
Feb 8 00:02:14 (none) daemon.crit pppd[836]: PPP server detected.
Feb 8 00:02:13 (none) daemon.notice pppd[836]: PPP: Start to connect ...
Feb 8 00:02:10 (none) user.err kernel: PPP: couldn't register device ppp0 (-17)
Feb 8 00:02:10 (none) daemon.crit pppd[836]: PPP session established.
Feb 8 00:02:10 (none) daemon.crit pppd[836]: PPP server detected.
Feb 8 00:02:09 (none) daemon.notice pppd[836]: PPP: Start to connect ...
Feb 8 00:02:06 (none) user.err kernel: PPP: couldn't register device ppp0 (-17)
Feb 8 00:02:06 (none) daemon.crit pppd[836]: PPP session established.
Feb 8 00:02:06 (none) daemon.crit pppd[836]: PPP server detected.
Feb 8 00:02:05 (none) daemon.notice pppd[836]: PPP: Start to connect ...
Feb 8 00:02:03 (none) user.notice wan-up.sh: WAN up event Start
Feb 8 00:02:03 (none) daemon.info dnsmasq[510]: using nameserver xx.xx.xx.xx#53
Feb 8 00:02:03 (none) daemon.info dnsmasq[510]: using nameserver xx.xx.xx.xx#53
Feb 8 00:02:03 (none) daemon.info dnsmasq[510]: using local addresses only for domain lan
Feb 8 00:02:03 (none) daemon.info dnsmasq[510]: read /tmp/dnsmasq.hosts - 1 addresses
Feb 8 00:02:02 (none) user.err kernel: PPP: couldn't register device ppp0 (-17)
Feb 8 00:02:02 (none) daemon.crit pppd[836]: PPP session established.
Feb 8 00:02:02 (none) daemon.crit pppd[836]: PPP server detected.
Feb 8 00:02:02 (none) daemon.notice pppd[836]: PPP: Start to connect ...
Feb 8 00:02:00 (none) daemon.crit pppd[870]: Received valid IP address from server. Connection UP.
Feb 8 00:01:59 (none) daemon.crit pppd[870]: PPP LCP UP.
Feb 8 00:01:59 (none) daemon.crit pppd[870]: PPP session established.
Feb 8 00:01:59 (none) daemon.crit pppd[870]: PPP server detected.
Feb 8 00:01:51 (none) daemon.notice pppd[870]: PPP: Start to connect ...
Feb 8 00:01:36 (none) daemon.notice pppd[836]: PPP: Start to connect ...
Feb 8 00:01:25 (none) daemon.notice pppd[870]: PPP: Start to connect ...
Feb 8 00:01:25 (none) daemon.notice pppd[870]: pppd 2.4.1 started by root, uid 0
Feb 8 00:01:25 (none) user.notice wan-pre.sh: WAN pre event ending and execing /bin/pppd, wan_ifname:eth0 wan_ifnames:eth0
Feb 8 00:01:25 (none) user.notice wan-pre.sh: WAN pre event Start, called via /bin/pppd, wan_ifname:eth0 wan_ifnames:eth0 wan_proto:pppoe
Feb 8 00:01:09 (none) daemon.notice pppd[836]: PPP: Start to connect ...
Feb 8 00:01:09 (none) daemon.notice pppd[836]: pppd 2.4.1 started by root, uid 0
Feb 8 00:01:09 (none) user.notice wan-pre.sh: WAN pre event ending and execing /bin/pppd, wan_ifname:eth0 wan_ifnames:eth0
Feb 8 00:01:09 (none) user.notice wan-pre.sh: WAN pre event Start, called via /bin/pppd, wan_ifname:eth0 wan_ifnames:eth0 wan_proto:pppoe
Feb 8 00:01:00 (none) user.crit kernel: eth0 Link UP 100 mbps full duplex
Feb 8 00:00:58 (none) user.crit kernel: eth0 Link DOWN.
Feb 8 00:00:46 (none) user.crit kernel: eth0 Link UP 100 mbps full duplex
Message 686 of 1,478
richud
Apprentice

quick update - new genie firmware is finally done, fixing (obvious) bugs now, beta shouldn't be long... 😜
Message 687 of 1,478
erm67
Aspirant

That's great news finally.
Message 688 of 1,478
ax0r7ag0z
Aspirant

Hello richud and all of the brave souls of this thread 😛

I would be willing to test the firmware on my DGND3800B!!

Just to make sure I haven't missed anthing, this is a multi ANNEX firmware right? It will work on B lines as well?

Flashing is done through the web interface like the normal firmware or through serial TTL ?

Thanks you for your work and sorry for the possibly dumb questions 🙂
Message 689 of 1,478
richud
Apprentice

ok, so here is the first 3700V1/3800 Genie beta 🙂

I strongly suggest you have a previous firmware and ability to flash via serial (before a few people have tried it) just to make sure it doesn't brick anyone.

*There will be lots of bugs as I have redone everything and certain things barely tested or completely untested. Most of the core stuff should be ok though.*

Some of the menu items may not be in the most obvious places, so you may have to hunt about a bit.

https://mega.co.nz/#!RRRXCDwY!fMc77brx4bipoCGtSONf6XbqUK127XTiW4AyclvDnlI

I won't be about for next day or so and was keen to get this out else it would probably be another week!

Known Issues:
Dynddns shows status as not started when it may be - error in html I have fixed already. I am sure there are tons of others....
Message 690 of 1,478
richud
Apprentice

Also sorry for ignoring various messages/wiki posts and posts here, have been trying to focus on this
@ax0r7ag0z, flashing via web interface (at least it should)
In advanced setup > advanced xdsl settings, set it to annexB - it should swap out the firmware and restart the DSL link, I am afraid the code is completely untested so there is a high chance I will have made a mistake somewhere. The PHY swapping out code is /etc/init.d/xdsl.sh , so if it breaks somewhere I suggest looking at that and trying to do it manually if you can follow it. Let me know how far you get 🙂
Message 691 of 1,478
ax0r7ag0z
Aspirant

I am happy to report that everything seems to be working fine!

However, there is a small issue with the DNS service.
All devices that haven't been hard-configured to use Google DNS
cannot resolve addresses. Any ideas?
Message 692 of 1,478
ax0r7ag0z
Aspirant

Update and sorry for double posting, I seem to have fixed the issue by using Google DNS in

DNS/DHCP/Ad-Block/PXE - Dnsmasq -> Extra DNS Servers
Message 693 of 1,478
erm67
Aspirant

I am going to test it later today, since I have already the serial adapter soldered on, what about reverse-engineering the ipv6 firewall ais? 😄
I remember the web interface was quite rudimentary ...
Message 694 of 1,478
paulmcg
Aspirant

Did the upgrade without any issues, so that part is OK.

Unfortunately, I could not get it to connect at all, could not see the correct options in the ADSL settings, e.g. LLC-BASED, 8/35, ADSL2+, ATM, etc.
Interface looks very much like my R7000, which I use downstream from the DGND3700.
Fortunately I was able to go back to 2015-02-08_1.0.17 without any issues.

I'd like to test more, but the missus gets very pissed if she can't do FB for 5 minutes. had to try this while she was in the shower.....
Message 695 of 1,478
erm67
Aspirant

Same problems (wife and adsl). No way to make it connect. I think the driver is different but rmmod adsldd causes the router to freeze and reboot so I could not try the old driver
Message 696 of 1,478
richud
Apprentice

@ax0r7ag0z: you should be getting DNS from your ISP, (that option just adds a third and fourth dns server) - what are the contents of the /tmp/resolv*, how are you connecting etc, how is your connection getting its dhcp info?
@paul:erm, yes I have same problem, this time I had to develop it all offline! - are you getting a DSL sync? If so, under advanced xdsl settings, have you set a DSL modulation? Need more info 🙂
[I am on vdsl and I am getting dns servers set ok and its all working]
Message 697 of 1,478
erm67
Aspirant

"I was not able to get an adsl connection, the modem is stuck, I tried all modulations with adslctl start but it was not able to find the carrier, I also tried both --lpair settings but nothing it was like the cable was disconnected. I have an adsl2+

Also the other guys porting the 3800 firmware were not abe to use it with adsl and replaced the driver with the original one.
I uploaded the original driver but rmmodding adsldd causes a reboot, it is not possible to switch the driver once the router has booted, the init script should load the rigth one at boot time.
Apart that everything works perfectly :-)."
Message 698 of 1,478
richud
Apprentice

@erm, hmm interesting, got a link to that or was it on the other thread on here? (I skim read it before I started on this and must have missed it.)
If I start the nvram init after other kernel modules and before that I should be able to work around it, assuming only that needs doing.
Message 699 of 1,478
erm67
Aspirant

3700v1 fw 3.0.0.16 from 3800B, AnnexA(+M) driver from 3700v1 .20 BETA

😄

They only used very few patches so I think they only replaceced the driver.
Message 700 of 1,478
Top Contributors
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7