Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

New firmware with built in Torrent Client

richud
Apprentice

Re: New firmware with built in Torrent Client

@pdneri: 1) that is rather odd, contab -l shows nothing or it says 'crontab: can't open 'root': No such file or directory' ? ('param show cron' from a terminal should show you all the relevant entries in nvram) If the info is there, then you param save, then reboot and it is gone then perhaps the nvram is corrupted. 2) crontab(cron) and its syntax was made by real men with beards and sandals in the 1970's so I am afraid that is how it is! Perhaps have a read of this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cron This is mine, note state and enable should be 1 on yours (mine is off). --crontabX delineates the 3 entries I have.
~ # param show cron crond_state=0 crond_value= --crontab1 */10 * * * * date > "/tmp/date" --crontab2 15 19 * * * param set wla_wlanstate=Disable;param set wlg_wlanstate=Disable;pkill -SIGUSR1 wlanconfigd --crontab3 17 19 * * * param set wla_wlanstate=Enable;param set wlg_wlanstate=Enable;pkill -SIGUSR1 wlanconfigd crond_enable=0
If you still cannot get it working can you paste the relevant parts from the syslog etc.? cheers.
Message 626 of 1,478
pauln241
Aspirant

Can any one help? I have a Netgear DGND3300 with dd-wrt installed set to client bridge. Now the DGND3700 will see this & connect to this on 2.4Ghz only. I cannot get the DGND3700 to see the DGND3300 on the 5Ghz network.

I have looked at all 60 posts & it looks like I am the only person having issues with 5Ghz?

When I use to have this setup before with my old router, having the wireless bridge on the 5Ghz network gave me no drop outs. This is why I like using 5Ghz over 2.4Ghz.

Are there any settings I can try on the DGND3700 to try and get it to connect to the DGND3300 on the 5Ghz network?

Thanks for any help on this.
Message 627 of 1,478
pauln241
Aspirant

Ni need to worry. change some settings and now have my 5GHz bridge working. 🙂
Message 628 of 1,478
richud
Apprentice

It has been 3 weeks and not one volunteer! Could anyone using; VDSL & PPPoE & a VLAN ID [plusnet/BT/EE etc.] just let me know their output of 'param show ifname' thanks! (I want to make sure an assumption I had to make to fix TT /Sky IPoA connections isn't going to break it for them before I release it!) many thanks!!!!
Message 629 of 1,478
marco_182
Aspirant

PPPoE

~ # param show ifname
lan_ifname=br0
lan_ifnames=eth1 eth2 eth3 eth4 wl1
lan1_ifname=
lan1_ifnames=
wan_ifname=eth0
wan_ifnames=eth0
pppoe_ifname=ppp0
pppoa_ifname=ppp0
wl1_ifname=wl1
wps_ifname=all
wl0_ifname=wl0
ppp0_ifname=ppp0
Message 630 of 1,478
pauln241
Aspirant

I am on Sky and all is working well, no issues yet. is there anything I can do or test?
Message 631 of 1,478
burt35
Aspirant

richud ive been running sky fibre no problems for nearly two weeks now with your test firmware.

as im only a novice at this i dont know where to put the parameters 'param show ifname'

but i can tell you the connection hasnt cut out once and has the same speed as the sky router.
Message 632 of 1,478
xmd5a
Aspirant

After installation of DGND3700_2014-10-26_A_D.chk port forwarding seems to be broken for me. Can't access ports from internet.

sergey@sergey-pc ~ $ ifconfig
eth0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 74:d4:*********
inet addr:192.168.0.3 Bcast:192.168.0.255 Mask:255.255.255.0
sergey@sergey-pc ~ $ netstat -l | grep 59000
tcp 0 0 *:59000 *:* LISTEN
tcp6 0 0 [::]:59000 [::]:* LISTEN

From router:
/etc/iproute2 # iptables -L
Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)
target prot opt source destination

Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT)

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)

Dynamic DNS is updated correctly. All was working until (I suppose) new firmware flashing. What can I do?
Message 633 of 1,478
richud
Apprentice

@pdneri, have you got it working now?
@marco, thanks !
@burt/pauln : great 🙂

@xmd5:working fine as far as I know, nothing to do with it has changed since original firmware and no one else has a problem I know of.
The router doesnt use iptables, port mapping is a NAT issue.

If you do port mapping via uPnP instead of via the web interface you can use different source and target ports.
Even with static mappings you can still use a upnp client to see what they are really doing.

to dump the actualy port mappings via terminal, do this

# nat5 agApi_natDumpRuleTbl 0 0 0 0

This will show the LAN/WAN and ports - test with one of those open port check tools.

Please see http://www.richud.com/wiki/DGND3700_V1_Transmission_Firmware_Special_Interest for more info

As an aside, I am currently contemplating the possibility of an additional port mapping page with ability to do different source and target and maybe a page to set firewall blocks and such if I can decypher the parameters for the library function calls. hmmm

** if anyone is using BT/EE/plusnet please paste me output from 'param show ifname' **
Message 634 of 1,478
whskerp
Aspirant

richud wrote:

** if anyone is using BT/EE/plusnet please paste me output from 'param show ifname' **

I am on EE VSDL2

~ # param show ifname
lan_ifname=br0
lan_ifnames=eth1 eth2 eth3 eth4 wl0 wl1
lan1_ifname=
lan1_ifnames=
wan_ifname=atm0.101
wan_ifnames=atm0
pppoe_ifname=ppp0
pppoa_ifname=ppp0
wl1_ifname=wl1
wps_ifname=all
wl0_ifname=wl0
ppp0_ifname=ppp0
~ #

Regards, Peter
Message 635 of 1,478
bulldog147
Novice

Why it not showing real time monitor as below:

On the xDSL Advanced page, on the XDSL State, it appear there is a bug on it. There is no real time monitor for the max rate, snr, ES errors, FEC errors, Total Cells etc.

Can you fix this please.
Message 636 of 1,478
richud
Apprentice

@whskerp, great thanks - could you kindly try the this test firmware to make sure it still works ok for you? Please have a copy of the latest release one (presumably the one you are using now) handy in case it doesn't work. When I say doesn't work - it should connect but no NAT will be happening so you wouldn't be able to use the internet on a connected device for example. I am about 90% sure it will be fine, but just want to make sure. Many thanks if you are able to try it, if not don't worry. Thanks.

@bulldog: yep its a feature really (I emailed you more) as its just giving the stats at connection time rather than live. I am going to think about how to improve it!
Message 637 of 1,478
richud
Apprentice

@gatto012 + @bulldog: I've updated the 'xdsl advanced' page if you want to try this new firmware I am open to any suggestions to improve it. If you want near real time monitoring I suggest you try DSLstats Assuming you have telnet enabled in firmware, in DSLstats select: dgnd3700, xdslctl, telnet login/pass blank , then hit connect.
Message 638 of 1,478
bulldog147
Novice

Thanks Richud but can you tell me what is fix and add on (new firmware please)
Message 639 of 1,478
AveshR
Novice

@richud, firstly thank you for your excellent work with this. i have been running this firmware for a week now and its simply awesome!

Is it possible via cron (or something else) to change ISP details at a certain time of day ? E.g. I want to automatically switch ISP's in the evening to use a more suitable ISP for night time use (downloading and streaming) vs daytime use (work purposes).

Your assistance would be greatly appreciated!
Message 640 of 1,478
richud
Apprentice

@avesh: yes, roughly like this; 1) capture the nvram settings with each ISP setup ('param show') and work out what changes, I imagine it will be no more than a few settings. 2) write a little bash cript that sets them, and save to the 128mb NAND , /tmp/mnt/storage/yoursecript.sh. Within the script, after the param set xxx=xxxx, run 'acos_service wan_down' and then 'acos_service wan_up' and that should bring up the wan with new settings. 3) set the cron job to run the script.
Message 641 of 1,478
AveshR
Novice

@Richud, thanks so much! I got the pppoe settings changing as desired for each of my ISPs, but 'acos_service wan_down' and 'acos_service wan_up' do nothing (i did a manual reboot to confirm the settings change). Are those the correct commands ?
Message 642 of 1,478
richud
Apprentice

@avesh, sorry I wrote that at work and couldn't remember which functions, try acos_service stop_wan and start_wan , I think some of it will log to screen and some in kernel log (look in dmesg) - and yes, various 'errors' are normal! R
Message 643 of 1,478
AveshR
Novice

Ok great, I think I'm almost there! I can run the combination of acos_service stop_wan and start_wan once only. On the second run, start_wan fails to bring up wan. Will have to check the logs for that unless you know why off hand ? In the mean time, I'm using 'adsl connection --down' and 'adsl connection --up' to force the new settings.
Message 644 of 1,478
whskerp
Aspirant

richud wrote:
@whskerp, great thanks - could you kindly try the this test firmware to make sure it still works ok for you? ...

Hi, sorry, yes I will try it but haven't got round to it yet.
Peter
Message 645 of 1,478
richud
Apprentice

@avesh: cool - acos_service stop start isn't the best design( it is the propriety built in binary), it should be ok though if you don't try and stop /start too quickly. if you can do it with xdslcmd(adsl) then that is probably better anyway!
@peter: this is the latest if you get a moment to try it
Message 646 of 1,478
whskerp
Aspirant

richud wrote:

@peter: this is the latest if you get a moment to try it

I am now running this new firmware and it seems to work fine.
Peter
Message 647 of 1,478
richud
Apprentice

@wkskerp, great thanks :) If anyone is interested... I am currently trying to work out how to enlarge what I think is an arbitary SDRAM buffer size set in the adsl kernel module (adsldd.ko) so slightly larger (newer) adsl_phy (like A2pv6C038q which supports G.vector ) will load.
Message 648 of 1,478
w3wilkes
Prodigy

I've also got this 2015-02-08 version up and running with no trouble.
Message 649 of 1,478
bulldog147
Novice

^^ Please removed this link above - spam url link. Do not click it
Message 650 of 1,478
Top Contributors
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7