Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk D7000 causing connection problems only in Destiny 2 PC

eXferance
Aspirant

Nighthawk D7000 causing connection problems only in Destiny 2 PC

I've had the router 1.5yrs, haven't got any problems online with any other programs/games. Connects at near fulls speed on Telstra NBN (95/35). However, since playing Destiny 2 online if I'm using the D7000 I get continues game disconnects and ingame connection warnings within minutes of being online (this doens't happen using the Telstra supplied router). 

What I've done/tried to date:

1) Firmware updated.

2) Static/DHCP for PC IP

3) Port Forwarding setup per Bungie support pages.

4) uPNP on/off (this only seems to detect/setup ports for my QNAP).

5) Factory restore settings leaving everything default including wifi (note: I'm connected via ethernet).

6) Google DNS settings (both PC/Router).

7) Disconnected all other devices on the network.

😎 Tried NAT on both secure/open.

9) Set Disable Port Scan and DoS Protection on/off.

If I connect the ISP Supplied router I have no connection problems, no warning in game. Everything seems rock solid. For the last 2 months I've been using the ISP router and now over Christmas break come back to try toubleshoot this on the D7000 it's expensive and I would like to use it and the wifi speed it supports. However, I'm unable to find any posts etc from anyone else with these problems or similar ones.

Any suggestions? Or should I request warranty? It is still covered, I'm just not sure what else I can try and seems a unique fault to just the one game from what I can tell.

Thanks in advance for any help/support.

Edit: Added points 8 and 9.

Model: D7000|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 3
eXferance
Aspirant

Re: Nighthawk D7000 causing connection problems only in Destiny 2 PC

Reading a bit further a field (not just looking at D7000) but Netgear/Nighthawk, I've found a few posts of people complaining about Netgear Routers and Destiny 2... seems a port forwarding problem (what I've suppected)? Surely this is something that can be fixed... 

Message 2 of 3
eXferance
Aspirant

Re: Nighthawk D7000 causing connection problems only in Destiny 2 PC

Dump.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements