Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk x4s D7800 nbnconnection issue

Clint_C
Follower

Nighthawk x4s D7800 nbnconnection issue

ok guys hopefully i can get a little bit of help

i got a gigabit internet connection today and i was first greeted by 98mbps which i was getting from telstra anyway. i was using their modem and thought i wanted an upgrade anyway.

so new nighthawk installed working and maxing out at 114mbps. spoke with customer support at aussie broadband and ran a few tests. one that was straight out the nbn box to my computer and bam, 970mbps

went back to checking the modem with same cables ran and back to 114mbps. ive been trying to find any info on the modem to see if its a setting that i need to work out within the modem

all leds are white not amber so should be gigabit

any help or leads would be greatly appreciated

Clint.

Model: D7800|Nighthawk X4S – AC2600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 2

Re: Nighthawk x4s D7800 nbnconnection issue

@Clint_C wrote:

i got a gigabit internet connection today and i was first greeted by 98mbps which i was getting from telstra anyway. i was using their modem and thought i wanted an upgrade anyway.

You say you have a D7800. That is a DSL modem/router. It will not work as a modem with whatever internet service delivers your Internet.

It should work as a router, with the modem bit bypassed. How you do that depends on whatever it is that sits in front of the D7800.

If you visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

you can feed in your model number and find the documentation for your hardware.
Look for the section Set Up the Modem Router for Cable or Fiber Service.

Getting stuff to work on NBN can be a nightmare. The good news is that a lot of people have already grappled with the challenge.

The problem is that NBN comes in many flavours, effectively it just means "Australian Internet".

What is an NBN network and is my NETGEAR DSL modem router compatible? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Start by checking for your type of NBN.

While Netgear lists all manner of things as being "compatible" with NBN in that article, in reality this often means that the device will work as a router. You have to bypass the modem bit and use something else as a modem. Sometimes it is just the NBN box that your ISP installed.

Here's a good place to start looking for local expertise:

“NBN” - Whirlpool Forums

Good luck, you may need it.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7