Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Only ADSL light burn on router

Only ADSL light burn on router

Hi,

I have a netgear router DGN2200M and looks like it's not working, only the ADSL light is burning if I switch it on. What can I do?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: Only ADSL light burn on router

You could try a factory reset. 

Are you able to access it at all through the browser? 

It might be time to call it as thats a 12 year old dsl modem and is a pretty basic n300 device. 

Message 2 of 4

Hey,

Thanks for the reply and details.

Tried both of those but it didn't work, reset the device and not even able to access the UI.

I know the device is old but in the area there is only ADSL.

But will look for a new ADSL router.

Thanks.

Message 3 of 4

@jvdwesthuizen wrote:

Tried both of those but it didn't work, reset the device and not even able to access the UI.

If you can't get any other LEDs to show, then it may have died.

One obvious thing to try is another power adapter/transformer. They seem to die more often than routers. Anything with the same volts/amps and tip size should work.

You could try this;

• Press reset for 30 seconds
  • Keep pressing reset while removing power
  • Keep pressing reset for another 30 seconds while apply power

It isn't advised on newer routers, and yours may be too old for it to work, but this move isn't likely to kill your device.

But will look for a new ADSL router.

Good luck on that front. Many brands, including Netgear, have abandoned DSL. ADSLS+ like that on the DGN2200M is pretty well dead in most markets, but a VDSL modem should work.

It might be worth trying to find a modem only box. Perhaps your ISP can advise. Then you can add any router that takes your fancy, although the speed of ADSL isn't going to support many of the things that you do with faster Internet services. Even a mobile hotspot would wipe the floor with ADSL.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7