Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Performance Optimization Database updates.

Canard
Guide

Performance Optimization Database updates.

Hello.

Find it rather strange that the last Performance Optimization Database update was 16 months ago, showing the following info on my D7800:

Current Performance Optimization Database on Router
Version: v3.0607.cloud-g0
Release Date: June 07, 2016

Have Netgear given up on database updates, or is some 16 months the usual update frequency?

Model: D7800|Nighthawk X4S – AC2600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 8
ryddo
Aspirant

Re: Performance Optimization Database updates.

You have a more current version then my 3 day old Nighthawk X4 R7500v2.  It is stating Version: v2.0330.g60029a7 Release Date: March 30, 2015 and connot figure out how to update it.

Message 2 of 8
Canard
Guide

Hello.

I've finally managed to submit a support ticket, so I will update this thread.

And I thought that 16 months was a long time, since the last update.

Message 3 of 8
Canard
Guide

Hello Ryddo.

Have you raised a support ticket regarding your even more out-of-date QoS database?

If you have, what answers have you received?

Message 4 of 8
ryddo
Aspirant

I actually opened a ticket on another issue (limited LAN bandwidth) but brought up this issue when discussing my problem.  The answer I received is that the database I had listed was "up to date" and when I asked them how a database that was over 2 years old could be considered up to date I was gievn no answer only to say that the database is the most current one available for my particular model.  Then why even use it??  If it isnt updated at least monthly the "optimization" is useless as technology changes daily.

Message 5 of 8
Canard
Guide

Hello.

After much exchanging of messages, I got a rather bland and short reply from support stating that I have the latest version - some 16 months old!

I asked how often the database was updated, but I am yet to receive a reply to that simple question.

As you state, it should be at least monthly given the rapid change of hardware and software technology.

Wish you the best in sorting out your database issue - even way older than mine.

Message 6 of 8
Canard
Guide

Hello.

When I asked how often the QoS database is updated, they first ignored the question then when I repeated the question they just said wait for the next firmware update.

Support just seem unwilling or unable to be bothered to find out the answer.
Message 7 of 8
Canard
Guide

I again asked support how often the QoS database has been updated in the past. They refused to provide an accurate answer by just saying its update when necessary.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7